15" i7 HR AG/7200rpm ordered Apr 14, still "Not Yet Shipped"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nimski62, Apr 17, 2010.

  1. nimski62 macrumors regular

    Feb 20, 2008
    I was deeply saddened when I awoke this morning to read that it still hasn't been prepared to ship. I'm in the US.. anyone here with similar config/still not shipped yet? Ordered 2:30pdt
  2. joven1 macrumors newbie

    Apr 13, 2010
    I purchased mine on the 14th with the exact same config and the status has just changed to prepared for shipment
  3. linoox macrumors newbie


    Apr 1, 2010
    Don't get your hopes up too soon! Mine was prepared for shipment yesterday (same config) and today I received the confirmation letter from Apple that my product will be delivered around the 4th of May!! Previously it said 4/28.
  4. joven1 macrumors newbie

    Apr 13, 2010
    Currently the estimated date of delivery is 20th. So yeah I'm hoping it'll arrive soon. Oh and one more thing, I'm now in Malaysia which is just south of China. Hopefully it'll be faster.
  5. kolax macrumors G3

    Mar 20, 2007
    All UK BTO's are 5-7 days now.

    My local store still doesn't have the 15" antiglare in stock yet. I'm guessing they only really ramped up production when they announced them on Tuesday to prevent any more leaks.
  6. ibizarocks macrumors regular

    Oct 2, 2007
    I ordered the same but with a glossy HR on the 14th and it still says not yet shipped but the estimated del time has been 23/26 april since day one.
  7. nimski62 thread starter macrumors regular

    Feb 20, 2008
    Finally just changed to Prepared for Shipment.
  8. joven1 macrumors newbie

    Apr 13, 2010
    Just got this 30 secs ago

    Shipped on: 17/04/2010 via DHL EXPRESS
    2.66GHz Intel Core i7
    4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRM
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200
    MBP 15"HR Antiglare WS Display

    Estimated time of delivery 27th..but i expect it to arrive sooner
  9. baf30 macrumors newbie

    Feb 17, 2010
    Wow, your life sucks... having to wait soooo long. horrible.
  10. Mark Booth macrumors 68000

    Mark Booth

    Jan 16, 2008
    This story makes me very happy that I ended up deciding to get the 15" i7 with high-res anti-glare screen instead of the high-res glossy. I made that decision before I even knew the local Apple Store (where I had gone to compare the two screens) had the exact combination I then wanted, in stock. So, no more waiting! I walked out of the Apple Store with shiny new unibody sexy beast in my hands! :)

    Unfortunately, I was told the Apple Stores will NOT be stocking:

    15" i5/i7 with 500GB/7200rpm (not in any screen size/type)
    15" i5/i7 with standard drive with high-res glossy display

    So, if you want the faster RPM drive (or upgraded drive), you must BTO. Likewise, if you want the high-res glossy display, you must BTO.

    BTW and FWIW... I think anyone giving Apple $50 to upgrade from the 500GB 5400rpm to the 500GB 7200rpm is making a mistake. You can buy a Hitachi 500GB 7200rpm drive outright (Amazon) for $89.99. So, for $39.99 more, you can have BOTH drives.

    And, beyond that, it makes more sense to take the standard 5400rpm drive and save the $50 (or $89.99) to put toward an SSD drive. These new Core i5/i7 really smoke with an SSD drive!

  11. tombilske macrumors member


    Jan 31, 2010
    because you are in europe the shipment is probably delayed because all of the airspace is still closed off because of the volcano.

    a lot of Europeans on the "Has your MBP shipped yet?" thread have had their shipping dates extended to either the 4th or 5th of may unfortunately :(

    hopefully the airspace is opened up again soon and you all get your new MacBook Pros :):)

Share This Page