15 in MBP BTO & The "Yellow Tint" plague... Buying Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iBunny, Jun 14, 2007.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

ok, well i have waited long enough, and my next new mac will be the 15 inch Fully Maxed out MBP. 4GB Ram / 7200RPM HDD / 256MB Video Card.

I have already read the extensive thread(s) about the "Yellow Tint" problem.

My question is, If I have an Issue with my Screen when I get my computer... is this easy to replace / fix even tho I got a customized BTO MacBook Pro? I immigane I couldnt take it to the apple store and have them swap it out, becuse of all the Extra Addons such as Ram and faster HDD.

What would I do if my sceen was messed up?

2. Illicit macrumors 6502

what does fixing the screen have to do with the internal components? :confused:

3. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I dont know if they would just swap out the screen? or give me a new computer all together?

4. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

If your machine is BTO it gets trickier.

Do not worry too much about it, not all systems are affected. My screen is great and no matter how hard I try I just do not see the issue.

5. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Quite likely they will drop by your house one day if you ring them up with a whole new screen and tools. And fix it then and there.

Although if you wait a few weeks, the chances of getting a dodgy screen should dramatically decrease. Not that they would be that high even right now...

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I'm sure if it becomes a huge problem, it will turn into a thing like the discoloration on macbooks. Apple will be fixing everyone's with a problem.

7. weckart macrumors 68040

You could try calibrating the screen colours first, before taking it to one of the 'Geniuses'. Try playing with one instore first, to see if you could live with it. Some people react more to colour imbalances than others

Compared with the screen issues on the previous model, this yellowness is not even close to being a problem for me. YMMV, of course.