15 inch rMBP IR, why only on grey? and other questions ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeeklancer, Dec 3, 2012.

1. zeeklancer macrumors regular

So I have had my LG 15 inch rmbp for a month now. I have read all about the IR problem on the forums and had not really seen anything like that ... until today.

My work windows desktop is a grey background. I use RDP to connect to it. When I connected I could still see the white boxes in the background on the grey desktop from reddit.com (I aware it was only 30 min of reddit at work).

So my question is. Why does it only seem to affect the white to grey ? Does it do it with other color combos? I loaded terminal with a black background and found it did not show the IR. It seemed it only showed IR on grey.

Also, should I take it in to the apple store and have them replace the screen? Is it going to get worse? I think I am fine with it as long as it does not get worse. It seems to fade after a while.

Thanks!

2. flipnap macrumors 6502

to be honest, i have an LG panel and if i did the "gray test" i saw minor IR. i needed to use my machine and couldnt wait for returns, etc so i kept it and in normal use i havent seen any IR since. I leave palettes on my screen for 40 minutes at a time and have never seen any trace of it. I know ill take flack for this but i compared my screen to a samsung and preferred the LG panel. And to make matters worse most of the "stuck pixels" cases have been on samsung screens so i didnt want to take my chances on that.

what i can tell you is that if you use your system and dont notice any IR then dont worry about it. Either way good luck.