Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truffle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2003
I just got my new 1.25ghz 15" powerbook. I have the latch problem, but that's not what this post is about.

I occasionally get green sparkles on the screen. They seem to be associated with a specific color. Like for example, I'll have a fairly detailed wallpaper. There will be a lot of green sparkles on the screen, it looks almost like a photoshop effect, where all the pixels of a spefic (dark blackish) color get replaced with black with animate green sparkles over it.

By the way I did a dead pixel check with some appropriate software, display showed red, green, blue, white and black rock solid.

I've also got this effect playing movies, it's animated moving with the changing images. I've viewed the exact same movie clips side by side on my iBook to verify it's nothing in the encoding.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might indicate is going wrong with my powerbook? I don't want to return it if it's somehow software related.

truffle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2003
D=

hmm

got blue sparkles this time

-_-

I think maybe it is graphic card related, because when I resize the window it appears at the same spot on the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.