Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mzl.dcgdgksp.480x480-75.jpg
As noted on TouchArcade, iOS developer Halfbrick has dropped the price of all of their games to Free for the next 24 hours.
"This is by far the biggest sale we've ever had," said Phil Larsen, Chief Marketing Officer at Halfbrick. "Over the past three years we've given everything we have to make our games the best, and were rewarded a million times over with love and support from our fans. Now it's time to give something back, kick some ass and start 2013 with more momentum than ever. Have a blast playing Halfbrick's finest!"
Halfbrick is most well known for their game Fruit Ninja which launched in 2010 and has since accumulated over 300 million downloads across all platforms.

Their games include (iTunes links): Age of Zombies, Age of Zombies Anniversary, Fruit Ninja, Fruit Ninja HD, Monster Dash, Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots, Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots HD, Blast Off.

Article Link: 'Fruit Ninja' and Every Other Halfbrick Game Free for 24 Hours

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
I never liked it that Fruit Ninja and Fruit Ninja HD were separate apps and separate purchases, but this more than makes up for it. Thanks Halfbrick! :D

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I got Jetpack Joyride free with last years 12 days of christmas app, it's an ok game but gets repetitive as hell after about 5 minutes. The same applies to Fruit Ninja...I really dont get how people can spend hours playing it.

I certainly would never pay for any of their games if Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride are anything to go by.

lanthom

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2011
Been playing this on Kinect and almost bought this yesterday but decided to wait until after Christmas as I'm expecting some iTunes cards. Now I'm glad I waited!

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I have no interest in any of these games. However, I have a rule about never passing up an opportunity of getting something free that won't be forever. I can just not install it on any of my devices, easy enough, and maybe someday I'll want to play one of them.

horace528

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Just grabbed everything Halfbrick made from the App Store. :D
Even though some probably would suck, I can erase them anytime, and I can't get them free any day. :D

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Definitely downloading these. You never know when you'll just have HOURS of time to waste.

On a side note, it's nice to see that I don't have a "download everything I see for free" problem.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Definitely downloading these. You never know when you'll just have HOURS of time to waste.

On a side note, it's nice to see that I don't have a "download everything I see for free" problem.

Is that a joke? You just downloaded all of them and then said you don't have a problem?

I, for one, have Jetpack Joyride (got it from liking their Facebook page a year ago,) and I think I'll be okay if I never get another Halfbrick game again. I'm not saying I don't like Jetpack Joyride so much as I really don't need more casual games on my iPhone. I'm hoping that we start getting some games with actual depth AND polish at once at some point. I have Aralon and while it seems pretty good depth wise, it could use a lot more polish...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.