Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

btnotificationenabler-250x333.jpg
With the Pebble smart watch now making its the way into the hands of Kickstarter backers who funded the project with over $10 million, users are looking for ways to increase the functionality of the device.

As noted by iDownloadBlog, developer Conrad Kramer has created a new app for jailbroken iPhones that can push notifications from any Notification Center-enabled iOS app to Pebble. The expanded notifications mark a significant improvement in utility over the standard set of notifications supported through Apple's official tools.
The tweak is called BTNotificationEnabler, and it's created by Conrad Kramer, the same developer behind tweaks such as Graviboard, Gesturizer, etc.

The description for BTNotificationEnabler promises that you'll never miss a notification again. That's thanks, largely in part to its ability to send all Notification Center notifications to a Bluetooth device. The Pebble watch, obviously, is one of the first things that comes to mind
Users on iOS 6 interested in trying out the expanded functionality with their Pebbles will need to jailbreak their devices using the new evasi0n jailbreak tool and download BTNotificationEnabler from the Cydia marketplace.

(Photo by @blake_olinger)

Article Link: Third-Party App Notifications on Your Pebble Watch - If You Jailbreak

Charliebrwn1209

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2011
Orlando, FL
I have my Pebble and already get updates from Instagram, Tweetbot, and a bunch of third-party apps without jailbreaking. Almost everything that pops up on the lockscreen as a push notifications. You just have to reset the notifications in the settings.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I have my Pebble and already get updates from Instagram, Tweetbot, and a bunch of third-party apps without jailbreaking. Almost everything that pops up on the lockscreen as a push notifications. You just have to reset the notifications in the settings.

That's good to hear it already works. Can't wait to get mine.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
I think I'd rather just not buy one of these useless things in the first place...

Least I'm not the only one that thinks these are silly. I feel they will go the way of the bluetooth earpiece, great for a small segment of people, but for the majority they'll just look foolish.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Least I'm not the only one that thinks these are silly. I feel they will go the way of the bluetooth earpiece, great for a small segment of people, but for the majority they'll just look foolish.

Bluetooth earpiece usage is widespread where I live. It's also a basic requirement if you make calls in your car and don't have in-car Bluetooth.

snoozy355

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
MetaWatch

I have tested this with my MetaWatch and is working correctly.

The latest update to BTNotificationEnabler now allows you to select per-app which notifications you wish to push via BT. Pretty cool.

Also, with the price of free, happy with that.

jcovaltine

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Question

I just got my pebble yesterday. I am only getting text notifications. How do you reset the notifications in the settings? just turn them on and off again?

dhokes

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012

Reset the notifications in the settings? Care to elaborate please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.