Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twitter has released a significant update to its TweetDeck Mac App, adding features like improved filters, new font sizes, and the advanced search tools that were originally added to the Chrome application in December.

Column filters, which have long been a part of the TweetDeck Web app, are a new addition to the Mac version, along with tools for filtering columns by content and users.

With content filters, TweetDeck users can filter Twitter streams with several different parameters, including media, RTs, and including and excluding terms. The update also offers additional font sizes and new keyboard commands.

tweetdeckformac.jpg
-Introduced column filters and powerful advanced search
-Added Content filters to columns and search including ability to filter by media, RTs, including and excluding terms
-Added Users filters to columns and search including ability to filter by verified users, members of a list and more
-Added wide column setting
-Added new font sizes to settings
-Spacebar now triggers page down event
-Cmd+W closes windows
-Social proof for favorites & RTs in detail view
-Added verified badge to list searches
-Enabled infinite scroll in temporary columns
In early March, Twitter announced that it was ending support for TweetDeck for iPhone, Android, and TweetDeck AIR, focusing instead on its TweetDeck Web app and Google Chrome apps, along with its native Mac and PC apps.

TweetDeck for Mac is a free download from the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: TweetDeck for Mac Updated with Improved Filters, Keyboard Commands, and Advanced Search Tools

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Now if only they'd bring back 1/2 the features they killed off when Twitter bought them. Sadly Twitter doesn't seem all that interested in the development of the app compared to when they were independent.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I run social media programs for a few brands and this app has been amazing. I keep it in full screen on a 27" iMac where I can monitor everything happening all at once with just a glance.

However, a glaring absence is that of trends. What if I want to monitor Twitter trends? There's no column for trending topics, only the ability to see what is trending and then follow a single trend. The data is already being collected and served in the app, but the app doesn't allow it to be displayed in a dynamic column. What gives?

tobyw7

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2008
Hitchin/Northampton, UK
I run social media programs for a few brands and this app has been amazing. I keep it in full screen on a 27" iMac where I can monitor everything happening all at once with just a glance.

However, a glaring absence is that of trends. What if I want to monitor Twitter trends? There's no column for trending topics, only the ability to see what is trending and then follow a single trend. The data is already being collected and served in the app, but the app doesn't allow it to be displayed in a dynamic column. What gives?

Try Socialite: http://www.apparentsoft.com/socialite :)

sensel

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
Largest font size still too small

This has been an ongoing problem with TweetDeck and why I still can't use it. I have my Twitter app set to 18 point and it works and is readable for anyone over 35. But despite TweetDeck finally allowing larger point sizes, they stupidly do not use point sizes but go from ambiguously scaled Smallest to Largest. The largest size is still smaller than 19 points on Twitter.
Twitter needs to bring on or consult an experienced graphic designer with some typographic layout or publication experience and get that type straitened out so humans with average to aging eye site can use TweetDeck on an iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.