15in MB Pro: Aftermarket Anti-Glare Film

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pslavish, Sep 21, 2012.

1. pslavish macrumors newbie

I've got a 2011 15in MB Pro. Looking to find a solid Anti-Glare film to buy and apply myself, hopefully something that is similar to the models built with the Anti Glare screen option.

Any suggestions for the best one?

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

I have a 2010 MBP antiglare model, a film is no way similar and will just cause blur. Use the screen in a low glare room.

Do a search: site:forums.macrumors.com Aftermarket Anti-Glare Film

3. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

I've never found a film that I've liked. Either it was a pain in the butt to install and/or had a bad orange peel looking result.

I am happy with my iVisor Pro though. It is easy enough to apply and remove. I can use it when I need to, but in lower backlighting environments I can just remove it.

4. pinktank macrumors 6502

I've used photodon, I'ts ok but I'm much happier with my macbook air screen without th glass panel

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

You'll still have the glossy glass panel covering a glossy LCD panel, the film will only cause blur. I wouldn't waste my hard earned money on films.

6. IllmasterMath macrumors regular

It doesn't work like that. You may find something that dims the picture to give you that illusion but any additional layers will actually increase glare.

I don't know a lot about it, but it has to do with reflection coefficients. You can read more here.

7. Raunien macrumors 6502

Any antiglare film will not look as good as the apple custom antiglare screen on the 15 inch.

I recently sold my 2011 macbook pro which had a glossy to upgrade to the 2012 version with antiglare screen. Before doing it, I tried almost all the antiglare films ranging from 3 dollar ones to the powersupports. Nothing satisfied me.

If you really can't stand the glare, I would try to sell your current one and buy one with the apple high res AG (although I understand this may be difficult for some).