16 gig crucial Ram for Early 2011 MBP - $81.99 ($89 shipped)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elliebeth21, Sep 16, 2012.

1. elliebeth21 macrumors newbie

Just thought I'd share. I tend to silently read this forum, but I haven't seen this amount of quality ram for such a low price..... :)

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

3. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No link needed:
    I agree there are better prices elsewhere.

5. elliebeth21 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was at Crucial's website. And yes I know you can get cheaper, but I tend to not trust G.Skill and Corsair for reasons already talked about here.

I thought it was a good deal. I've been eyeing ram made by folks I trust, and I hadn't seen it this cheap before.

6. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

If that where the case, why trust Apple? People have had issues with MacBooks by the dozens, especially rMBP users.

You're logic is full of holes. Just because someone didnt have luck with G.SKill or Corsair DOESNT mean everyone will have the same luck, and who is to say there wasnt some user error?

Corsair and GSKill are very reputable brands that make quality products. People tend to nut hug on Crucial too much, which doesnt even make sense considering the SSDs are much slower than Samsungs and OCZs and Crucials M4 SSD has a 5000hr life with its firmware, so they had to release a new firmware to resolve.

http://hothardware.com/News/Crucial...-SSD-Bug-Promises-Firmware-Fix-in-MidJanuary/
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5308/crucial-to-fix-m4-bsod-issue-in-two-weeks

The bottom line is, each company has defective products, it doesnt make them "bad" by any means.

7. elliebeth21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just trying to be helpful. If I could delete this thread, I would. I won't make the mistake of posting again.

8. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Crucial is a decent brand in terms of ram. This is completely separate from NAND based drives. They're a subsidiary of Micron. The others are rebranding something. No matter what site you check, they return a lot of bad reviews. With ram in general, it should be tested on arrival.

9. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

I wouldn't worry too much..

I wouldn't worry too much.. I often appreciate 'the mental prodding' to Go and Look for certain items, and usually if you DO go look there will be some better deals of course.. others are 'Far Too Busy Judging' to do meaningful things in Life.. Seemingly.. :p

Not matter what, enjoy the day all.. I certainly will, while I use my 2011 MBP 8,1 w/ Mushkin 16GB RAM that cost me $163 CAD Shipped back in February.. Oh well, FYI it works great!! :apple:

10. Leek macrumors newbie

That does not mean they are equally good. It just means they they are sufficient. And mostly they are sufficient purely by nature of RAM not being that unstable to begin with. If you want to actually go the distance and split hairs, you will find Crucial's RAM is indeed more reliable. Corsair and G.Skill don't even make the chips they sell.

11. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

Don't stop posting, I actually didn't realise 16gb was that cheap now