Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Rovio is planning to debut a new game in its Angry Birds series, entitled Angry Birds Go. Created in partnership with RedBull, the game was first teased in mid-June with a website that featured a bird dashing down a pathway.

Angry Birds Go is unlike Rovio's standard Angry Birds games, which focus on physics-based puzzles solved by flinging birds at various structures. Instead, the game appears to be a kart racing game. As noted by our sister site TouchArcade, Redbull has a multitude of racing games in the App Store already.

The specific game mechanics are unclear, but it does appear that players will race karts against each other. While the video teaser does not mention a specific release date, it does say "All will be revealed soon!"

Article Link: Rovio to Release 'Angry Birds Go' Kart Racing Game

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Rovio is going to milk every last cent they can out of that franchise.

How is it any different than any other video game company? EA Sports = rehash same engine 10 years in a row, put new names on jerseys, slightly spruce graphics...rinse repeat.

Call of Duty.
Halo.
Mario.
_________ (insert any one of 100+ franchises here)

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
So now we've got Angry Birds Go, Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Star Wars, Angry Birds Star Wars 2, Angry Birds Friends, and the spinoff Bad Piggies. I think it's time for a break.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Rovio is going to milk every last cent they can out of that franchise.

As does every successful franchise, not really a Rovio phenomenon.

As an Angry Birds fan (perhaps not devotee) and someone who generally likes karting games, I'm quite happy for them to milk every last cent from the franchise they can.

Personally, I think better that than yet another sequel to some stupid FPS mindless violent crap blood sport game featuring overly steroid enhanced men running around in combat gear armed to the hilt with weapons shooting everything in sight, but I digress. ;)

Last edited:

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
I'm probably as bored with the Angry Birds franchise as everyone else but at least put yourself in their shoes...wouldn't you milk it for everything it's worth?

I know I would :D

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
Mario > Mario Kart
Sonic > Sonic Racing
Donkey Kong > Diddy Kong Racing
Crash Bandicoot > Crash Team Racing
Rayman > Rayman M
etc.

... and now Angry Birds > Angry Birds racing ... a logic move ... sounds like a boring concept. But who knows — it could turn out to be a great kart racer.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
How is it any different than any other video game company? EA Sports = rehash same engine 10 years in a row, put new names on jerseys, slightly spruce graphics...rinse repeat.

Call of Duty.
Halo.
Mario.
_________ (insert any one of 100+ franchises here)

As does every successful franchise, not really a Rovio phenomenon.

As an Angry Birds fan (perhaps not devotee) and someone who generally likes karting games, I'm quite happy for them to milk every last cent from the franchise they can.

Personally, I think better that than yet another sequel to some stupid FPS mindless violent crap blood sport game featuring overly steroid enhanced men running around in combat gear armed to the hilt with weapons shooting everything in sight, but I digress. ;)

And Nintendo didn't with Mario?

Nobody has to ****ing buy it!

Edit: I was beaten to it a few times about Mario.

I was just making an observation. It will be funny in ten or so years when Angry Birds becomes a relic of our times laughed at by our children ;)

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I'm holding out for Angry Birds NFL Blitz:

Cardinals, Eagles, Falcons, Ravens, and Seahawks vs. the 80's era Redskins, AKA "The Hogs".

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
In the old days every smart marketer knew that diluting a great brand with too many product lines or variations was bad for business and it often signaled the death or end of the brand.

Today, most every business has forgotten that, except, more than others, Apple.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
They only make racing games because it appeals to everybody, especially when they have characters they all know and love. It could be terrible, but little kids will still ask for it, and parents will buy it for them.

And when you're in a group, it's the easiest party game because you can do 4+ players.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I despise Angry Birds, the worst game in history in my book. For some reason I can't stand it, I've tried multiple times, no kidding.

But because this is a Go' Kart game I might actually enjoy it.. We'll see..

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
So now we've got Angry Birds Go, Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Star Wars, Angry Birds Star Wars 2, Angry Birds Friends, and the spinoff Bad Piggies. I think it's time for a break.

I know. I'm so angry ;)

On a serious note, really, how much more milk does this cow have ?

asthamapheo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2013
i accept that the original angry birds was a good game. but, rovio, you have got to stop stretching it. it's done, no more angry birds. just stop it:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.