Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted a video of the full two-hour presentation on its website. The video should also be made available on the Apple Keynotes Podcast on the iTunes Store later today. [Podcast links: Keynotes, Keynotes in HD, Keynotes in 1080p HD]

The company also posted the Jony Ive introduction video for the iPad Air.

yerbabuenacrop.jpg
Media Event Highlights:

- Apple Announces Thinner, Lighter iPad Air With 64-Bit A7 Processor
- Apple Debuts Second-Generation iPad Mini with Retina Display
- Mac Pro to be Released in December, Features Xeon Processors, Dual FirePro GPUs and PCIe Flash Storage
- Apple Updates Retina MacBook Pros With Haswell Processors and Faster PCIe Flash Storage

- Roundup: iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini First Impressions
- Roundup: Hands-On Impressions of the New Retina MacBook Pros

- OS X Mavericks Now Available Free on Mac App Store
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.3, Adds Support for iCloud Keychain, Accelerometer Issues
- Apple's New iPad Mini with Retina Display Bumps Maximum Capacity to 128 GB
- Apple Discontinues 15-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro, Leaves 13-inch Version in Lineup
- Apple Releases Safari 6.1 for Mountain Lion With Shared Links, New Sidebar, Power Saver and More
- Apple Announces New Versions of iLife and iWork for iOS and Mac, Available Free with New Device Purchase
- Apple's New iPad Mini with Retina Display Bumps Maximum Capacity to 128 GB
- Apple Announces $13 Billion Payout to Developers, 60 Billion Cumulative App Downloads

Article Link: Apple Posts Full-Length iPad Media Event Video

sososowhat

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Palo Alto, CA
Displays?

Very happy with the updates -- looking forward to IPA, (r)MBP, etc. But...Still waiting for updated Cinema Display. They keep mentioning how great the new MacPro is with 4K displays. How long do you think it'll be before they ship one? I'll sell my iMac & use a laptop with the display & external SSD when it comes.

Unggoy Murderer

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2011
Edinburgh, UK
It was a fantastic event. Some very solid upgrades announced to both the hardware and software. Nice to see the iPad 2 and iPad mini hang about for a little longer too.

"Can't innovate anymore my ass." :apple:

dav465

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
I believe it was 1.5 hours rather than 2.. Just been picky because I expected the last 30mins to introduce an updated apple tv and airport express!

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
That crushing moment when I realized there was no touch ID on the iPads... :(

But otherwise, quite satisfying. :)

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
overall predictable event, and enjoyed most of it.

apple should always live stream their event.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
I hate Tim Cook. The pricing for the new iPads is a disaster, and he has some nerve attempting to sell the iPad 2 for $400. And what is up with the "Air"? Was there really a reason for that?

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I hate Tim Cook. The pricing for the new iPads is a disaster, and he has some nerve attempting to sell the iPad 2 for $400. And what is up with the "Air"? Was there really a reason for that?

Yeah, the iPad 2 should've been discontinued last year. The iPad mini replaces it with far better specs!

Phyco126

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
Disappointed in the following:

1. No retina air (maybe when the new ones are released in the summer?)
2. No 256 GB SSD starting as the lowest
3. No wi-fi calling support yet for t-mobile or any carrier for ios 7
4. No 32 GB start on ipads

What I'm excited about:

1. iPad mini 2 retina
2. iPad air
3. Price reduction and upgrades to the macbook pros.

The last being the most loved by myself, family, and friends.

niic

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
No love for the Mac Mini? :(
I am glad that the 13" MBP now has Iris Pro graphics, which will hopefully be a nice step up from HD4000.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Disappointed in the following:

1. No retina air (maybe when the new ones are released in the summer?)

I think if they could release a retina MBA for the right price, they would, but the current MBP with retina seems like the smallest casing they're willing to put the retina in.

niic

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
I believe the 13" only comes with Iris (5100). The 15" comes with Iris Pro (5200)

You're absolutely right. Less excited now. :(
Honestly I can't believe how much Apple has diverged away from their Windows competitors in terms of graphics. Don't get me wrong, having used a Mac all my life I won't give up on Apple that easily, but paying $2600 (or here in Europe around $3500) to have a laptop with dedicated graphics is quite a steep price.

----------

And the better 15" model also comes with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M :cool:
Sadly I don't have kidneys enough to sell to be able to afford the 15" with dGPU.

Last edited:

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Apple hit a home run today. With all the free iOS/OSX software they are throwing around I do believe they intend to stick around for a while.

Yeah, the iPad 2 should've been discontinued last year. The iPad mini replaces it with far better specs!
Lots of schools order these things. Kids don't need all the bells and whistles. I think it's a smart move.

smarch

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Schiller

Gotta say. Phil Schiller is a disaster at these keynotes. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for the last few, but he sucks the energy out of the room every time with his imprecise, weird, stilted cadence, and his constant mistakes and unfunny mumblings. He also comes off as arrogant.

They should take his keynote privileges away. He is not a good spokesman. He was always ok enough when SJ was carrying the presentation. Now he just makes everybody look bad.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.