Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple unsurprisingly appears to be ramping up activity on iOS 7.0.4 as the next version of iOS to see a release to the public, with MacRumors seeing increasing numbers of devices running iOS 7.0.4 from Apple's networks showing up in web logs.

ios_7_0_4_6nov13.jpg
Visitors to MacRumors.com via Apple's networks from devices running iOS 7.0.4
The first signs of iOS 7.0.4 appeared on October 22, the same day iOS 7.0.3 was released to the public. Activity has been ramping up over the past two weeks, but there is no word yet on when the update might be released to the public. Apple has also not seeded registered developers with any builds of iOS 7.0.4, but the company does not always do so for its minor iOS updates.

ios_7_1_6nov13.jpg
Visitors to MacRumors.com via Apple's networks from devices running iOS 7.1
As we previously noted, iOS 7.1 devices from Apple's network began showing up in our logs in late August, and while visits from those devices increased during October, they have declined somewhat during the first week of November. iOS 7.1 would be expected to bring a more substantial number of updates, but it appears that a public launch may yet be some time off with Apple working on a smaller iOS 7.0.4 release.

iOS 8 continues to show very low levels of activity in our logs, with the next major version of Apple's iOS software undoubtedly still in the very early stages of development and a public release roughly a year in the future.

Article Link: iOS 7.0.4 Activity Ramping Up at Apple Ahead of Next Minor Software Update

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
I really hope 7.1 brings something substantial. I'm tired of waiting a year to see any new features and everything in between just being bug fixes.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Anyone else notice that after Steve, updates are more common? Before when Steve was around, most updates had larger impacts. Not something like 15MB that we saw on 7.0.3

agentchev007

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2013
So many bugs...

All I want is my music app to stop sucking... I have an iPhone 5S and use iTunes Match and it's absolutely awful. It barely works and I'm always either on full coverage ATT LTE or WiFi. Anyone else having problems/have any solutions?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone else notice that after Steve, updates are more common? Before when Steve was around, most updates had larger impacts. Not something like 15MB that we saw on 7.0.3
While 7.0.3 might have been something like 15 MB, what it fixed/changed/enhanced was probably more than a lot of x.x.x updates and even some x.x updates.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
A Guy at apple HQ:
"Look, there's the article again on macrumors. Whenever we browse the site with a new iteration of an OS they write an article."

Supacon

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
Canada
Never before have I been so excited about minor iOS updates. iOS 7 was (and continues to be) so buggy on launch - much more so than any prior version of iOS that I remember using.

Let's hope that iOS 7.0.4 is less crashy and works better. That's really all I want at this point - they can even leave the ugly Safari icon alone.

Komrad808

macrumors member
1 thing people forget is that Apple listens to what people want. If we grumble about something and Apple knows they make it happen, they will make it happen when the time is right. Yes, there is problems with iOS 7 and as we can see Apple is fixing them.

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
All I want is my music app to stop sucking... I have an iPhone 5S and use iTunes Match and it's absolutely awful. It barely works and I'm always either on full coverage ATT LTE or WiFi. Anyone else having problems/have any solutions?

I haven't had issues with iTunes Match unless I'm on slow wifi. Do a speedtest to see if its really slow data speeds that's the cause. IOS 7 has not been as bad for me as most...

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England

My albums appear fragmented in many cases, even though they're not fragmented on my iTunes.

If I download a song, it doesn't always stay in the music app and I'll have to download it again every time.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011

Both iTunes match and the iOs7 music app just plain suck. I wish I could go back to iOS6.

priyamsingh

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
7.0.4 is buggy

Is anyone else experiencing bugginess on their Ipad Air? It's so buggy on mine it feels like beta software. When I change stuff in the settings it force closes, Safari force closes etc.

*I mean 7.0.3 not 4.

Last edited:

Screwtape

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009

Since iOS 6 provided Apple the ability to do OTA delta updates, it's now a lot easier for them to release minor updates (like 7.0.3) to many users quickly instead of having to bundle it in with a much larger update. It also allows Apple to quickly fix things like security bugs and push them out to every user at once in a tiny package.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
All I want is my music app to stop sucking... [...] Anyone else having problems/have any solutions?

Unfortunately, I don't have any solutions, but I am also having problems. Most of my local files are OK, but I wish they'd fix the feature I'm now calling crashTunes Radio. I only use it a couple hours a day, but it usually crashes the Music app at least once or twice. Sometimes it forces the whole device to reboot. If I'm particularly unlucky, it will randomly re-start the same song before it finishes, ad infinitum.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Either this is due to IOS7 being very new and requiring a lot of bug fixes or it's to make updates look more regular to stop Android people saying IOS gets few updates and only gets an overhaul once a year.

If new features are added that would be interesting.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
'cool graphs'...no Y axis, so I assume they went up from 2 to 5 devices or something low.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here

You mean like iPhone OS/iOS 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, 2.0.2, 2.2.1, 3.0.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.2.5, 4.2.6, 4.2.7, 4.2.8, 4.2.9, 4.2.10, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, and 4.3.5?

wwchris

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
Atlanta, GA
iTunes Match Solution

Yes, if you had any idea the number of hours it tools to track down these problems.

#1 I can't guarantee this is a problem but it worked for me, I deleted all of my smart playlists. The reason I can't say for sure this fixed it is, I deleted, got all of my iTunes match stuff working again and then added on back and it immediately started having problems. That is only anecdotal though so no guarantee, but I have heard of others having problems.

As for the real fix:
1. Go to settings/itunes & App store and log out of you Apple ID.
2. That should also turn off iTunes match.
3.Restart your phone and make sure those changes took. If they didn't, keep doing this until they stay off.
4.Go under settings/general/reset and reset your network settings.
5.After your phone restarts, open the music app.
6.Double tap the home button and quit out of the music app.
7. Go to settings/itunes & App store and log back in and turn iTunes match back on.
8. Open the music app and leave it open until iTunes match resets, it may look like it is doing nothing and it may take a while depending on how big your playlists are, but let it go at least 10 min even if it looks like it is doing nothing.

That fixed the problems for me on multiple iPads and iPhones, I had todo it on all my devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.