Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Shipping estimates for new orders of stock configurations of the redesigned Mac Pro have now moved to March in many of Apple's online stores around the world.

mac_pro_uk_ship_march.jpg
The change in shipping estimates does not necessarily reflect a worsening supply situation given that estimates have been listed at "February" essentially since launch last month, but they do indicate that Apple is not making up significant ground as lead times appear to be remaining in the six-week range.

The new March shipping estimates are in effect for stock and build-to-order configurations throughout Apple's online stores for Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific (APAC) operational regions. Estimates in Apple's stores for the Americas remain at February for the time being.

Update: As of January 21, Mac Pro shipping estimates in the United States, Mexico, and Canada have also slipped to March.

Article Link: Apple's Mac Pro Shipping Estimates Move to March in Many Countries

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Asia and Pacific regions.
Subtle difference but an important one. Please get it right.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Well we're already at January 20th, so it's probably more like the lead time is staying right where it's been or at least gotten slightly better. ;)

For the weight difference I bet these things could go by air for the same price the previous shipped by boat. ^_^

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2006
Just ordered mine 2 days ago. I imagine "Dispatched February" means February 29th!

violst

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Apple really dropped the ball on this launch.

I guess this shows them how much more popular the Mac Pro is then they had thought, and how many pro users were chomping at the bit to finally get there hands on a new updated Mac Pro.

Maybe now apple will see that the iPhone isn't the only product that people have demand for and start showing more love to the pro market.

razer

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
London
How is this even news? there is clearly a rolling 4/6week order time on these since they were first available

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Intel really dropped the ball on this launch.

I guess this shows them how much more popular the Mac Pro is then they had thought, and how many pro users were chomping at the bit to finally get there hands on a new updated Mac Pro.

Maybe now apple will see that the iPhone isn't the only product that people have demand for and start showing more love to the pro market.

Except that Feb 29th 2014 doesn't exist :D

Bold: Fixed that for the both of you.:p

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
Apple really dropped the ball on this launch.

I'm guessing if they really had no "love" for the pro market, they would not have spent millions redesigning the Mac Pro.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
Looks like americans can't assemble as fast as the chinese perhaps (not that surprising)

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
With the apparent demand, hopefully the peripherals market will catch up. There are still too few choices for Thunderbolt docks and drives. Given that the Mac Pro offers only external expansion, the lack of peripherals is very frustrating.

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
Or the result of moving Assembly from Asia to USA? :D

Looks like americans can't assemble as fast as the chinese perhaps (not that surprising)

Yeah sure.... extra super brilliant observation and hypothesis..... Not.

LOL. As if there has never been a iPhone , iPad , or iMac supply/demand mismatch at launch using Chinese labor.

This launch bubble supply/demand mismatch has little if not nothing to do with the workers or the factory location.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Such a low volume niche product and still demand can't keep up. Not that much manufacturing in the US I would say.

uzziel

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
It has been clear to those of us that have had standing orders for the nMP for the past 30 days:

• They used early orders with a promise of "Ships January" as "bait" to build their supply chain for parts.
  • They did not anticipate that sites like this would crowdsource their order system. We know a lot about how they are filling orders as a result.
  • They are filling orders more or less randomly, with people who ordered hours later for identical configurations having their orders filled before those who were first in line.
  • When they said "Available to ship in January" they really meant "when we get around to it, hopefully before January 31."
  • They do not automatically upgrade to next day shipping for their high end customers unless they call and whine.

violst

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
I'm guessing if they really had no "love" for the pro market, they would not have spent millions redesigning the Mac Pro.

Essentially the Mac Pro hasn't been updated since 2009/2010. People have been waiting for a real update for the past 3-4 years. to me thats not showing the pro market "Love", and then the kick in the pants on top of that is a promise of a new Mac Pro in the fall of 2013 which has turned into the winter/spring of 2014.

Don't get me wrong I am very grateful that apple has spent the time and money to develop a new Mac Pro. What I am saying is it appears obvious by the demand of it that I believe Apple has misjudged the important of the Pro market and its users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.