16gb iPad extremely slow with 9.7gb free??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SaltSlasher, Jan 23, 2011.

1. SaltSlasher macrumors member

I have put all my books onto my iPad which don't even equal 2gb, and now when syncing it can take up to 10 minutes?

Now when I go into iBooks, it is sitting here with the load button on the top right just circling and not one book is on my shelf?? I didn't start a timer but I can make an estimate, cause I have had to push enter to get back from the black screen like 4 times.

I just think it would be to much of a hassle to search through all my material to pick what I want on there, because that would take me all night and day!

So is this normal, or what? I have to many files to go in one by one and tell it what to sync, I could do it, but I would probably spend the next week filtering some of the books I will never read and files I will never read.

2. SaltSlasher thread starter macrumors member

Well it looks like some books are up, but I have to search.

I know it took forever when loading them to the iPad, I didn't realize I needed even more time for the books to get into iBooks??

Anyways, I guess each one is loading from the iPads memory, so it will probably take all night, The weird thing is that I have to have iBook open for it to do this, because I put the books on it last night!

3. SaltSlasher thread starter macrumors member

OH THERE WE GO!

It just took it an hour or two to get everything formatted and into the pdf readers and my ibooks!

**If an admin sees this you can just erase this thread!**

4. AnodizedFish macrumors member

5. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

My maxed out 32gb iPad shows no performance changed to if it were a vanilla one. I don't think storage usage is an issue here, unless all your space is taken in the iBooks app.

6. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

Very similar. My 16g wifi is almost maxed out. No change in how it operates. In fact, I add and delete movies frequently when I go on a trip. Sometimes I have a lot of gigs left, others almost none. I cannot tell any difference in performance.