16gb iphones shipping.

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by jimpo, Oct 14, 2007.

1. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

He will be swiftly executed.

2. Noeld macrumors member

I'm not at all trying to say that these pics are legit, but I think I can prove that several of the reasons people are using to debunk them are false.

Memory - The iPod Touch 16GB does indeed have two seperate 8GB memory chips. However, these are 8GB Toshiba chips. The iPhone uses Samsung NAND memory. In April Samsung announced that they have a 16GB chip that will be hitting the shelves Q4 2007 and a 32 GB chip that will be hitting the shelves Q1 2008.

Photoshop - Of course the pic info says it was photoshopped. The Serial and Model number have clearly been brushed out.

Calculator icon - last I heard, the iPhones get the upgrade, boxes don't. I don't believe the box has been changed to reflect the icon change.

As I said though, I'm in no way trying to vouch for the pictures. Why can't anybody who releases spy shots of anything ever take a decent picture?

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

True but then why is the itunes store there?

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I expect that with the release of Leopard we will see a 1.1.2 update that will allow the iPhone functionality associated with Mail 3.0. This includes Notes and To-Do Lists. But the jury is out on 16gb. Feasible as the Samsung single 16gb NAND exists. OP is partial BS though.

5. Addo macrumors member

I've looked at both Apple's and O2's web sites and can't seem to find any mention of the capacity of the iPhone? It's possible I didn't look deep enough and missed it but maybe, just maybe when the iPhone is released over here in the UK they will be 16Gb??? I know it's wishfull thinking.....

6. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

I wouldn't doubt that there is a 16GB coming soon, but where it says 14.4 capacity and 14.4 available... that isn't right... is it?

Plus the photo "noise" around the numbers is suspiciously light.

7. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Sorry dude, you didn't look enough... http://www.o2.co.uk/iPhone-Tariffs.html

There is no doubt though at some point there will be a 16GB version.

8. ramcosca macrumors newbie

Translation: Photoshopped!

9. orlandoflhottie macrumors newbie

why it looks fake

The box shows the itunes wifi store icon but the calculator icon is back to the pre 1.1.1 icon. HMMMm interesting no? To me this is the Proof that is fake becuause yes if you want to proof its 16gb why not show the only actuall proof u need which is the damn number??? oh cause its a fake :-D good job though u caused quite a run about :-D

10. Addo macrumors member

Yep, I just had another second look and found that! :)

11. iBagwan macrumors newbie

Fake?!?!

Wait, Pamela Anderson is...........fake??!?!?!?!?

12. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Oh Belgium! I guess all 8 gig iPhone owners have to go hide in bunkers.....though I have a 256 gig iphone, as well as Duke Nukem Forever :p

13. elcid macrumors 6502

14. theliksta macrumors member

People,

If you believe theres a 16GB/32/64/80 to come in the year 2007,or anywhere this side of late 2008 then

YOU'VE BEEN OWNED!

15. xfsasx macrumors member

this thread is out of control!!!

I call fake

i wish i was a mod so i can close this dumb thread already

16. motorazr macrumors 6502

motorazr

The Frozen Waste...wait. Duluth, Minnesota.
    Good call. I didn't think of that, but it has the old icon with the itunes store...and why would Apple make such a silly mistake like that on their box?

Fake. Not an impossible idea, but these pics (at least the box) are fake.

17. monke macrumors 65816

monke

That part makes sense, but the fact that the box picture has "Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows" written in the file makes me believe they're fake.

Why wouldn't the box be updated? The iTunes Music Store icon is on there, and there's a calculator on the touch.

It's fake. Period.

A 16 GB will happen one day, but right now Apple is still dealing with the whole price drop issue and throwing in a 16 GB model wouldn't be smart.

18. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

16 gig and GPS, because over on BGR, it was written that apple and telenav are working together for the next release of the newer iPhone in late next year.

19. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

I doubt this is true, but hope so. A 16GB iPhone would be perfect.

But seriously, five minutes.

Attached Files:

20. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

According to the OP, they should've been announced by now.

Unfortunately, they have not. Now can the mods close this before the thread repeats itself more than twice...

21. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

Not saying it's impossible, but the first image is fake city. Anyone familiar with Photoshop can see the patchy fill work around where the fake info for capacity and firmware were transplanted. Clone stamp tool all the way.

Given the form factor of the touch iPods and the availablility of the larger capacity flash chips, I wouldn't say this claim is impossible. However, I feel it's not going to be in the timeframe provided.

22. KindredMAC macrumors 6502a

KindredMAC

Tried reading every post before writing this...

Along with all the bad photochopping, take a look at the iTunes icon, the perspective is totally wrong. The Skew wasn't done right.

Like I said, I tried to see if anyone else pointed this one tidbit out but didn't see it.

23. JoshuaOstrowski macrumors newbie

I actually believe, there is a 16gb version, first off, i dont know what is up with the whole calculator symbol crap, its the same, and even in the same position as it was on the earlier versions, and the itunes logo, its naturally shinny, i know what it looks like, and also, the pic does seem real, my only doubt is WHY Apple would ship it before it was even announced, that seems kinda stupid, then no one would have the money to buy them! so, i guess it could go both ways, but the who 32gb version, i hopes its true, im starting to have my doubts!!! :(

24. JoshuaOstrowski macrumors newbie

If it is a brand new iphone, then there would be no content on there no would there. >:) So there is no music, photos, or videos, and the software takes up about 1.5 gigs. it seems about right.

25. bbyrdhouse macrumors 6502

bbyrdhouse

New Powerbooks on Tuesday, right? They came in the same shipment as the 16Gb iPhone. I have pictures....
    :rolleyes: