16GB Ipod Touch or 8GB iPhone. Which should I keep and which should I sell?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacGuy35, Mar 20, 2008.

1. MacGuy35 macrumors member

So i'm in a dilemma here. I have a brand new unopened 16GB ipod touch, it comes with the new apps already installed(i know because I called in the serial number). I also have an 8gb refurb. iphone coming in tomorrow from at&t. Now my question is: which one should I keep??
    My music library is about 9GB total. And I also some movies i'd love to put on it but those wouldn't fit on the iphone :( If i kept the iphone i'd have to sacrifice some music. Now if I kept the 16gb ipod touch I could easily fit it all in there. Another thing. I already have an amazing phone plan with sprint and I really don't want to pay $70 more for what I already get just to use the iphone. But its just soo tempting to keep the iphone and just use it as an ipod and maybe just get a cheapo plan so I could get EDGE anywhere I want. So I just need some help from you guys to steer me in the right direction.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Keep the iPhone, only sync your Top Rated Music and get the $50 a month iPhone plan. Sell the touch.

TEG

3. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Sell them both and get a 16gb iphone, job done.

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Genius.

5. MacGuy35 thread starter macrumors member

Now that I think about that, WHY DIDN'T I THINK ABOUT THAT?!!? LOL :p

6. MacGuy35 thread starter macrumors member

but the thing is I don't want to drop that kind of money right now. I'm saving up to get a 24" imac as it is.

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Depends on how much you need the iMac. You'll get more from the iPhone, but it will probably be more useful.

I'd say sell the touch.

Hey, we all have our moments.

8. MacGuy35 thread starter macrumors member

Ok this is the deciding factor for me right here: If I keep the iphone, is there anyway of just activating it with att gophone and just adding a data plan (no minutes, no text, just data). If I can keep the iphone and surf the web anywhere I go i'll get rid of the touch and keep the iphone.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Well, you can't have it both ways. Either sell the touch or iphone and apply the money towards the 24" iMac or sell both and have enough money to purchase a 16GB iPhone plus some (which can go towards the iMac).