16GB officially out of stock for current orders online in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevuwk, Jul 10, 2008.

1. kevuwk macrumors newbie

well, just received a text from O2,

"O2: Your iPhone 16GB order has been successful. We're temp out of stock. It'll be couriered by 18 July. Certain postcodes excluded shown on www.o2.co.uk/pc "

so 16GB is out of stock, i'm obviously not getting it tomorrow, order was between 08:20 and 08:30 order number was 0013227**. Also spoke to someone at customer support who said that O2 upgraders weren't given preferencial treatment and anything the text says is true (just like preregister means reserved iPhone? and first come first serve means what it says? and anyone who ordered before the site said sold out will get one this friday?) anyway, just though people might like to know this update and if they haven't heard yet they are most likely in the same boat as me

2. MacMalv macrumors regular

so let me get this straight, if i ordered before it said they were out of stock i will get it tomorrow? even if it hasnt been been updated on my O@ page yet?

3. RickNunn macrumors member

Did you get a tracking code from DHL? Im guessing no?

4. Kerching macrumors member

Unless you have an email giving you the tracking code from DHL - i am 99.9% certain you won't be getting one.

5. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

correct to 100% as of 6pm

6. kevuwk thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry about the delay in replying, I didn't get a DHL tracking number so i'm guessing they seem to think they will have enough in the next stock arrival to supply me a phone but as I said, they haven't exactly been telling the truth in the processes they have performed so far (pre-register, pre-order, order processing ... ) so I am not really expecting to get one by next friday either, shame I have now taken tomorrow off work and wasted a days annual leave, tempted to go to the local O2 or CW store but that would mean getting up early for an extremely slim chance of getting the 16GB which is the only one worth getting in my opinion

7. ACDeag macrumors regular

CPW are in stock for 16GB, they also said that they can do upgrades over the phone starting tomorrow, could only do new connections today. Cancel the O2 order and order through CPW.

8. kevuwk thread starter macrumors newbie

woke up earlier than expected so though I would ring the local O2 shop and see if they had any stock and what the demand was like, noticed they didn't actually open till 9am, decided to go there but just ended up going to CW and they had sold their 2x16GB iPhones allocated to them although the credit checks were failing so they hadn't officially sold them (supposedly the credit check system was a little broken) and they said they could order me one in for tomorrow so I took them up on their offer and then they decided they couldn't actually do that because there was no stock