17 Arrested After Protests Erupt Outside Trump Rally

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Apr 29, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...377429811.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_BAYBrand
    I would have loved to see that :D
    anyways morons need to be jailed for their stupidity.

2. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

I wonder what would happen if U.S. citizens went down and protested and waved the United State flag during the Mexican Presidential Election?

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

43 students who got rounded up by the cops and murdered know all too well what happens when you protest in Mexico.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yup. We're too soft on crime here in the states.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Frankly, I couldn't care less. Isn't the first amendment wonderful?

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Probably nothing. Mexican police in the D.F. are pretty calm and professional.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 29, 2016 ---
    A protest at a public political event and what happened in Iguana can't be compared so breezily.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

first amendment does not cover destruction of property

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Really?

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I know , it surprised me as well.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

So what you're all saying is that burning down all those sheds in protest of sheds wasn't my constitutional right?

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

12. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I would like to see these collectivist pussies try these temper tantrums in a state like TX.

13. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

It was funny to watch the woman who set up the protests tell a reporter something like "we will do anything we need to do to prevent Trump from entering the building." He then told her that Trump was already in the convention center (we just saw him enter through the side of the building). The look on her face was.... what's the word?

14. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

These people do themselves, and their preferred candidates, no favours at all. :/

15. boast macrumors 65816

boast

I wonder what type of threats and intimidation will occur in November.

Maybe it will be one of those situations where Trump would win and everyone would question how it happened because many Trump supports are not safe to announce their position without backlash.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I had a near miss with all this craziness last night. Go protest his appearance or attend a prescheduled dinner only about two miles away. The hubby and I opted for the dinner with friends and I am glad we did. But being that close though, it was hard to miss at least a little craziness. I have never seen so many helicopters hovering over one area in my entire life. When we left, we had to pass by a number of streets which police had closed. At the time we were blissfully unaware what had happened and didn't even learn of the chaos until we got home. Things like this don't tend to happen around here. That's more of an L.A. thing!

And as today is showing this very minute, also clearly a Bay Area thing. :eek:

A little fact lost in the riot last night is that Trump once again lied about his crowd size. He said there were over 30,000 people watching his rally last night. I've been to that amphitheater and it doesn't even hold half that many people and the helicopter shots showed some empty seats even. Why does he lie about his crowd size like that? His numbers are plenty big without padding the numbers and this is something he has done multiple times this campaign season. Makes me wonder what other numbers he would fudge in his presidency? Budget? Troops? Money?

17. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

People protested Trump in Dallas and nothing different happened. You think protests end a little differently here in Texas?

Well actually there was that one time...

Remember when that anti-muslim group called the Bureau for American Islamic Relations did an open carry protest outside of a mosque in Dallas? They pretty much pussied out and disbanded when an armed counter protest formed up that was 2 times as large.

I guess that was a little different and honestly kind of funny.

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that was freaking awesome.

19. thermodynamic, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Now we see why Ford, Hershey, Carrier, and other companies love it down there. And, of course, the days when articles like "Killer Coke" (about Coca Cola's treatment of workers in that region)... still, they are all proud to support gay pride parades as opposed to killing people just because they're gay.

Soft, yes. What Mexico did was far beneath "uncivilized", despite what was sadly pointed out in the process on the comparison on the flag issue...

Yes, but there are certain laws... still, GWB scribbling his name on any number of flags and the same GOP people didn't care about that only allow double standards when non-Americans desecrate the flag. And it doesn't matter who signs the flag - it is technically soiling it, Bush could have been the best of best presidents instead of one of the most divisive and my opinion would not waver in the slightest.

Or, in less long-winded terms, I don't recall reading anything that allows even a president to have a special rule in his or her favor to bypass the law:
    http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html
    The same state whose school districts got Thomas Jefferson removed from the history books, how charming. Who are the "collectivist pussies", again? (I merely quoted your words, they are not mine)

In which case, every candidate currently running would have to step down because almost every supporter has done the "no favours" routine at this point.

Right now, a politician is trying to win over people to be seen as the best person for the job to earn the vote and what logically follows from that.

After election day, nobody who loses should blame any group of people for not voting. It was no different in 2000. Gore, due to influences beyond his control (not Nader but a then-recent scandal, which apparently was so much worse than Iran-Contra or anything else... *SMH* ) that convinced enough people to vote for another candidate. Florida being ran bass-ackwards says more about the people running that state, and since then not much has shown how Florida has improved itself.

20. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Shouldn't the Bernie , Hillary, Obama camps denounce this violence? crickets.....

Saul Alynski approves.

21. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

22. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I don't remember reading about it, so I looked it up. It turns out that they left because the cop killers (Black Panthers) showed up. The BP should have been checked for outstanding warrants.

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

At least we get to see the real violent side now and it's not from Trump.

Also whoever mentioned Mexican police being professional I almost spit out my drink. You can basically buy a get out of jail free card down there.

24. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

25. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Classy.