Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elliotay

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2001
I just ordered a 17" iMac last week and have just been reading how 10.2 does not come with it. This sucks! Will I still have to pay the $130 to get 10.2? I really thought apple would have come through on this one. Even the guys in the apple store near me said that the new 17" iMac would come w/ 10.2 because the pre release ones they had all had 10.2 on it. But I guess not.

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
SInce you bought after the July 17, you get the upgrade for 19.99, but you might be able to get it free at an Apple Store.

elliotay

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2001
How would i get it for free at an apple store? Do I have to show them proof that I just bought a new iMac? Thanks. Also I ordered my iMac to be shipped to my school address, I'm home for the summer. I go back to school on like the 27th. Is there anyway I could go to the apple store here in LA somewhere between the 24th and 27th and pick up 10.2 without actually having received my iMac yet? There's no apple stores in oregon or else I'd go to one there.

brogers

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2002
Greensboro, NC
Just spent the afternoon at the my local Apple Store, and they had 10.2 on the 17" iMac on the showroom floor. Only one in the store with Jag. None selling have it though. It was great and fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No new iPods on dislpay either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.