Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolocity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2002
Central New York
Ello, I'm looking to purchase one of the new 17" flat panel iMacs. I'm curious as to how long it would be from the time I place my order until I recieve my iMac. Does anyone have this information? Where could I order to recieve my product the fastest? I wouldn't mind buying it straight from Apple as long as I got it sooner. Anyone?

- John

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
Well according to Apple's website, it looks like 2-4 weeks;)
I suggest that you go to Compusa or Mac Mall and ask to order one, and see what they say the waiting period is!!:confused:

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Originally posted by xrhajj
Well according to Apple's website, it looks like 2-4 weeks;)
I suggest that you go to Compusa or Mac Mall and ask to order one, and see what they say the waiting period is!!:confused:

yeah.. a lotta times other retailers will have better shipping times, and often better deals (they throw in extra ram, etc.)...

aznatari

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2002
NJ
Go with MacMall.com, and purchase your iMac there. I bought my iMac from then and i got it within a week. I know that varies a lot, but they really try to get your Mac as quickly as possible to you.

http://www.macmall.com

atari

Captnroger

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2002
I ordered mine from Apple on July 18th. As of last Friday 8/9, it was still 'being assembled'. With confirmation that they were starting to hit the Apple stores, I cancelled my order. I got the call Saturday afternoon that mine was waiting for me at my local Apple store.

I recommend you place an order, then start looking around in the meantime. You can always cancel the order if you find one. If there's an Apple store near you, that's your best bet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.