Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
NYC
I finally hooked up my 17 MBP with DVI port to my TV. I used an HDMI to DVI cable.

However, there's some lines running through the screen and the colour is a bit off, regardless of the resolution. Why? Is the computer too close to the TV? (It's sitting right under the LCD). Is the cable bad? Not tight enough (I didn't screw the cable into the MBP as it was too difficult honestly)?

Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks.

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
I finally hooked up my 17 MBP with DVI port to my TV. I used an HDMI to DVI cable.

However, there's some lines running through the screen and the colour is a bit off, regardless of the resolution. Why? Is the computer too close to the TV? (It's sitting right under the LCD). Is the cable bad? Not tight enough (I didn't screw the cable into the MBP as it was too difficult honestly)?

Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks.

Go to System Preferences, Display, Color Tab, then click on calibrate and see if that helps the color out. I don't know about the lines, it may be the cable.

cmm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
NYC
Go to System Preferences, Display, Color Tab, then click on calibrate and see if that helps the color out. I don't know about the lines, it may be the cable.

Could it be anything besides a defective cable? I've honestly had enough of dealing with cables. hah

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.