Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

healthkit-logo.png
Just before the public launch of iOS 8 earlier today, we noted that Apple had begun pulling HealthKit-related apps from the App Store, apparently due to a last-minute issue that cropped up in the new operating system. The issue has put a significant dent in the usefulness of the Health app that was to be a key feature of iOS 8, while also subjecting a number of third-party developers to uncertainty about the fate of their apps.

While details on the issue are still unknown, Apple has confirmed to Tim Bradshaw of Financial Times that it has discovered a "bug" in HealthKit that will require a software update to fix. Unfortunately, Apple is not necessarily promising an immediate turnaround on the fix, saying only that the company is aiming to "have HealthKit apps available by the end of the month".

iOS 8 is available now to owners of recent-generation iOS devices, and will be included on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus when they officially launch on Friday. Aside from Health, iOS 8 includes a number of other features such as a new QuickType keyboard with word suggestions, support for systemwide third-party keyboards and Touch ID integration, Photos and Messages improvements, and Continuity features to make iOS device and Macs work more smoothly with each other.

Article Link: Apple Confirms HealthKit Bug, Promises Fix by End of September

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Just before the public launch of iOS 8 earlier today, we noted that Apple had begun pulling HealthKit-related apps from the App Store, apparently due to a last-minute issue that cropped up in the new operating system. The issue has put a significant dent in the usefulness of the Health app that was to be a key feature of iOS 8, while also subjecting a number of third-party developers to uncertainty about the fate of their apps.

While details on the issue are still unknown, Apple has confirmed to Tim Bradshaw of Financial Times that it has discovered a "bug" in HealthKit that will require a software update to fix. Unfortunately, Apple is not necessarily promising an immediate turnaround on the fix, saying only that the company is aiming to "have HealthKit apps available by the end of the month".

iOS 8 is available now to owners of recent-generation iOS devices, and will be included on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus when they officially launch on Friday. Aside from Health, iOS 8 includes a number of other features such as a new QuickType keyboard with word suggestions, support for systemwide third-party keyboards and Touch ID integration, Photos and Messages improvements, and Continuity features to make iOS device and Macs work more smoothly with each other.

Article Link: Apple Confirms HealthKit Bug, Promises Fix by End of September

what about quick reply??? so far anyone who I've seen that has the public release can not access quick reply from the lock screen only the banner notification. Is this a confirmed bug yet? Im on the GM and I never had an issue with that.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
what about quick reply??? so far anyone who I've seen that has the public release can not access quick reply from the lock screen only the banner notification. Is this a confirmed bug yet? Im on the GM and I never had an issue with that.

quick reply? you mean when you get a text message you slide the other way and a delete or reply box appears. you then touch reply, your message reply box appears at top of screen, you type, send.

that?

if yes. Works for me :)

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
quick reply? you mean when you get a text message you slide the other way and a delete or reply box appears. you then touch reply, your message reply box appears at top of screen, you type, send.

that?

if yes. Works for me :)

lol the feature is called quick reply i didn't just make it up but;

yeah,
did you install the public release? or GM? My GF and Pops both installed the public release OTA and their reply by swiping left on the lock screen is not working. It is only showing "x" but when their phone is unlocked they can swipe down on the banner and use quick reply that way.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
What a major screw up. Somebody's getting fired.

I'm sure it's a security bug, with the recent The Fappening fiasco, Apple can't afford to have another security goof.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California

yeah,
did you install the public release? or GM? My GF and Pops both installed the public release OTA and their reply by swiping left on the lock screen is not working. It is only showing "x" but when their phone is unlocked they can swipe down on the banner and use quick reply that way.

Could it be a security feature in the settings that needs to be tweaked?
I can't answer your question, but I hope to be able to quick reply ONLY from the swipe down banner and not the lock screen.

I ask because I'm also that guy who disabled control center on the lock screen, and instead only available when unlocked. :eek: It was a setting I needed to turn on in the options.

Screwtape

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009

yeah,

Do they have a passcode on their phone?

If so, go to Settings > TouchID & Passcode and make sure they give access to quick reply on the lock screen.

Biedz1216

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2014
Could it be a security feature in the settings that needs to be tweaked?
I can't answer your question, but I hope to be able to quick reply ONLY from the swipe down banner and not the lock screen.

I ask because I'm also that guy who disabled control center on the lock screen, and instead only available when unlocked. :eek: It was a setting I needed to turn on in the options.

hmmmmm let me see good idea; it totally could be a security thing so anyone can't just reply to your message without you knowing its a possibility. Or maybe apple just changed the feature entirely and thats the only way you can quick reply----i have been using quick reply from the lock screen since b1 and i CANT live without it lol, seriously its engrained in me like its been around since iOS 6. Like isn't that the point to interactive notifications?? lol somethings not right.

----------

Do they have a passcode on their phone?

If so, go to Settings > TouchID & Passcode and make sure they give access to quick reply on the lock screen.

okay okay perfect

***FIXED**** awesome thank you guys.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK

yeah,

yea over the air public release, never had any beta. I have 5s

swiping the other way than we normally swipe. Not unlocking, the other way haha i get the x and a blue reply box is it. Sorry was walking when I first discovered it and its dark out but I believe its a blue reply box. Been replying that was for ages now. lots of texts so its definitely working here. Like I say i never knew it was available I accidentally did it. Love apple when that happens, the discovery :)

edit. Yea blue, just had another text, all working here

k2director

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2006
Apple is getting so sloppy

More and more bugs in Apple products, botched launches like Maps and now Healthkit, etc. etc.

Apple is losing its attention to the details that used to make Apple products special and that put Apple in its winning position in the first place. Beyond the Apple faithful core, the mainstream market started buying Apple iPods, iPhones, tablets, iMacs and laptops because those products just worked. Now, they *usually* work, and that's a big difference which will eventually come to haunt Apple over time.

Tim Cook needs to double-down execution and quality control. Maybe a little less time indulging in grand social engineering projects like increasing diversity in the workplace (when no one can actually point to any discrimination going on) will free up some spare cycles for Tim...

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
Where is the Apple Healthbook app I see no signs of it on my iPad Mini retina or in the app store. Did they remove the Healthbook app as well as the third party apps?

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Where is the Apple Healthbook app I see no signs of it on my iPad Mini retina or in the app store. Did they remove the Healthbook app as well as the third party apps?

Like Passbook / Calculator and others before it the Health app appears to be iPhone only for reasons yet to be adequately explained...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.