Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of an event planned for tomorrow in conjunction with Apple, Parisian fashion boutique Colette appears to be preparing to show off the Apple Watch at its boutique on Rue Saint-Honoré in Paris. Various photos on Twitter and Instagram show the location displaying the Apple Watch prominently, with different variants of the device being placed in colored ovals.

applewatch_display-1.png
While it is not known as to what exactly will be shown off at Colette's event tomorrow, hints from the invitation flyer suggest that the Apple Watch will be the highlight. Colette has also been known to be very selective of what makes it into their flagship location, and it is likely that a collaboration with Apple is part of an initiative by the Cupertino company to push its wearable device as a fashionable item.

applewatchdisplay2-800x600.jpg
https://twitter.com/JeromeRoussin/status/516744169315127296
Apple announced earlier this month at its media event that it would start shipping the device in early 2015. A report after the event suggested Apple would be "lucky" to launch the watch by Valentine's Day due to issues with software development. The device will be available in three collections, including a high-end Edition collection which boasts an 18-karat gold enclosure and sapphire crystal display.

Update 9:13 PM: Colette's website has announced that the boutique is inviting people to preview the Apple Watch in a special one-day event.

Article Link: Apple Watch Being Displayed at Colette Boutique in Paris [Updated]

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Cool! Perhaps we will gain some more knowledge about the  Watch after this, such as battery life, pricing, and bendability - wait a minute...

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
I'm really excited to see Apple move into a new market. Who would have thought a few years ago that Apple would move into the higher end fashion jewelry market. Pretty neat to see how this will play out for Apple.

Last edited:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Putting the watches in giant bowls on display? Interesting… it needs an equally interesting and vague caption.

applewatch_display-1.png

Dunk into an excellent watch.

JCrz

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I hope they announce what white-people music that will come bundled with the watch. Fingers crossed for Nickelback.

JCrz

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I'm so really excited to see Apple move into a new market. Who would have thought a few years ago that Apple would move into the higher end fashion jewelry market. Pretty neat to see how thus will play out for Apple.

I'm curious, too. But sometimes I wonder how a watch with a starting price tag of $350 will fit in with ridiculously overpriced high-end watches. As silly as it sounds, Apple could better move into the high-end market simply by quadrupling the price tag for no reason other than to make rich people feel good about needlessly spending a ton of money.

----------

what exactly is "white-people music"?..and if I say "black-people music" will someone get offend?

1. Music that white people listen to.
2. Yes.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Apple is said to be targeting an early 2015 for the Apple Watch, however reported hardware problems may push it back until February 2015 or later.

I understand the need to link to other MR articles in order to increase page views and to share pertinent info, but this one is disingenuous. Feb. 2015 is still "early" 2015.

Red Oak

Suspended
Jun 14, 2011
How is Feb, 2015 not "early 2015"?

Get a grip MR - your coming off the rails lately

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
I'm curious, too. But sometimes I wonder how a watch with a starting price tag of $350 will fit in with ridiculously overpriced high-end watches. As silly as it sounds, Apple could better move into the high-end market simply by quadrupling the price tag for no reason other than to make rich people feel good about needlessly spending a ton of money.

----------

2. Yes.

Wow, great logic. I am brown, and I listen to music some of my white friends listen to. Now after reading your insightful comments, I am wondering what to call this music, maybe gray :eek:

thewebb

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2014
AZ

----------

2. Yes.

I think they might have quadrupled the price tag with the gold versions. That might satisfy the so called "rich people"

Red Oak

Suspended
Jun 14, 2011

----------

2. Yes.

Sounds like you may have had a career malfunction. Too bad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.