Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2003
Hi

I've had my 17inch Powerbook since release, i live in the uk.

I've taken pretty good care of it, but until i get a G5 its my main Mac for every day use and as such gets alot of moving around.

I just noticed one of the feet has been pulled off (top right as your using the powerbook). The feet has two parts, the white bit thats attached to the powerbook, and a grey pieces which comes off, although not very easily, and probably isnt meant to.

Any ideas on how i could get a replacement for such a small piece, i've contacted the apple shop i got it from and they are looking into it.

Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.

James

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i know that there was a thread about this not too long ago, but with 12" pbooks. i can't find it right now, but i know that it's out there. i believe someone posted a link to where you can order more.

Jimme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2003
Thanks!

Hi thanks for the reply, i'll get looking for that thread, anyone else whos seen it and has a link i'd be gratefull!

JIMME

Jimme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2003
ta

Yea thanks, looks like i'll have to hassle the apple center again and hope they send me some, iam sure they will as iam 1/2 way towards putting a deposit on a 2ghzs G5 :D

JIMME

tyson12zoll

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2003
Apple Europe was pretty nice about my feet falling off all the time.

I sent it in to get both the screen and feet replaced, and they sent it back with just the replaced feet. I called and told them they forgot to repair my monitor, and said they couldnt find anything wrong with it...anyway, I let them know exactly what to look for and they send another courier to come get it. I was pissed because i would be out of commission for a while more, and when in got back (screen fixed) ANOTHER foot was off. I was pissed, but I couldn't deal with another week without my PB.
Seems like they will take care of you if you make them. Just be ready to deal with the down time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.