Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of iOS 8.2 to developers, approximately three weeks after releasing the first iOS 8.2 beta.

The beta, build 12D445d, is available immediately to registered developers as an over-the-air update and it can also be downloaded from the iOS Developer Center. Today's update also includes Xcode 6.2 beta 2 with WatchKit.

ios_8_2_beta_2.jpg
According to the release notes, iOS 8.2 beta 2 includes fixes for keyboards that may not appear in Safari, Maps, or other third-party apps in iOS simulator and it offers Siri support for Singapore English.

Several WatchKit fixes are bundled in as well, repairing a bug that caused notifications to fail to open an app, an issue that caused WatchKit apps to stop working in iOS 8 simulator, and more.

iOS 8.2 includes the WatchKit SDK, allowing developers to create apps, Glances, and notifications for Apple's upcoming wearable device ahead of its 2015 launch. The first iOS 8.2 beta, with WatchKit SDK and developer documentation, revealed several new details about the Apple Watch, including its heavy reliance on the iPhone and the different types of content developers can create for the device.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second iOS 8.2 Beta to Developers

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Whatever happened to HomeKit? I have not seen anything about that since launch. When can I control everything through a unified app? Anyone have info on that?

Thanks!

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Release schedule seems sort of similar to iOS 7.1 betas. Last year beta 2 was on Dec. 13.

usersince86

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
< dreaming >

Wow! More user-controllable parameters in the core of the entire OS (and with very few bugs)!

< wakes up >

Limited control, and some bugs.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Does anyone else hope that this beta restores the fluidity back into iOS. Like iOS 6 once had. The fact that animations are jerky on the iPhone 6/6+ says a lot.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Maybe ill be able to use my iPhone 6 Plus in any orientation I want this time around instead of the Franken-rotation thing it's got going on right now. And also maybe opening the switcher won't crash my springboard or make my music stutter. Lastly I would be happier just to have a working implementation of 3rd party keyboards.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Lots of people complaining about bugs. Hopefully iOS 9 will be a "snow leopard" type release. Nothing radical, just some nice new features and a very stable OS.

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Does anyone else hope that this beta restores the fluidity back into iOS. Like iOS 6 once had. The fact that animations are jerky on the iPhone 6/6+ says a lot.

I used to play with my iPhone 5 when it first came out to see if I could slow it down by tapping everything at once and opening apps and closing them as fast as I could lolol. Prob not useful for everyday usage but it handled it like a champ and ever since the 5S came out with iOS 7, I haven't experienced that fluidity on iOS. Even my 6 now is laggy at times.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Whatever happened to HomeKit? I have not seen anything about that since launch. When can I control everything through a unified app? Anyone have info on that?

Thanks!

Wasn't that an API, not an app? Come to mention it, didn't they boast that you could tell Siri "Get ready for bed" and it would lock your door, turn your lights off, etc?

AlecZ

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
Berkeley, CA

Thanks!

Hardware has to come first. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they can pull it off and have it be reasonably priced.

macintologist

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2004
After 8.1.1 made my iPhone 4S feel snappy again, I've run into ZERO problems with iOS 8. I'm very satisfied with this release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.