Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Accessory maker Griffin Technology today unveiled four new products at CES 2015, including its five-slot PowerDock Pro charging station, its three-port PowerBlock 3 wall charger, its PowerBlock Wall Dock for holding a device up on the wall during charging, and its 12-volt PowerJolt Premium car charger.

powerblock3mew-800x548.jpg
Griffin's PowerBlock 3 wall charger allows users to charge up to three devices at one time with 10 watt ports, and features a space-saving design with ChargeSensor technology that can detect and optimize charging for smartphones, tablets, e-readers, and more. The PowerBlock 3 will be available in Summer 2015 for $39.99.

powerdockpro-800x515.jpg
The PowerDock Pro charging station contains five slots and ports for users to store and charge their devices from one power source, and offers 12 watts of charging power with ChargeSensor circuitry that optimizes charging for every device. Each charging bay is designed to accommodate devices without having to remove them from a case, and the PowerDock Pro contains a built-in cord management system and a hidden compartment for cable storage. The PowerDock Pro will be available in Fall 2015 for $129.99.

powerblockwalldock.jpg
Next up, Griffin's PowerBlock Wall Dock is a charging accessory for propping up and holding a device when it's charging on a wall, leaving the touchscreen fully visible for information. The dock features 12 watts of charging power and a four foot long Lightning cable that detaches. The PowerBlock Wall Dock will be available in Fall 2015 for $34.99.

powerjoltpremium-800x175.jpg
Finally, Griffin's PowerJolt Premium is a 12 volt car charger that features a four foot long cable covered in a braided nylon jacket to prevent tangles. The Lightning connector itself is also reinforced with a durable aluminum housing to ensure durability, and the PowerJolt Premium also comes in a detachable power cable version. Both versions of the PowerJolt Premium will be $34.99 when they are released in Fall 2015.

Article Link: CES 2015: Griffin Unveils Line of New Charging Accessories Optimized for iOS Devices

tinmancactus

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
I'd love to know if the PowerBlock 3 comes with all the international power adapters - it would seem that this part can come off, based on the design.

If so this would be a really, really good travel adapter. Most deliver very little power.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
that powerjolt car charger looking good and well priced imo. will surely buy it in fall 2015.

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
What the? A bunch of postive comments?!
*checks url in Safari*
Yeah. I am still at MacRumors. Hum

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Looks good. The only thing I wonder about is this "charge sensor" technology on the wall charger. When it determines you have an iPhone plugged in instead of an iPad, does it lower the wattage being sent through to the device? If so, it's a deal-breaker for me. I use iPad chargers for my phone now due to the higher wattage (faster charge time).

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Power dock looks like it would be great for my house with two iPads and three phones. But I don't know if the price is right. Will see how it feels in the fall.

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
Looks good. The only thing I wonder about is this "charge sensor" technology on the wall charger. When it determines you have an iPhone plugged in instead of an iPad, does it lower the wattage being sent through to the device? If so, it's a deal-breaker for me. I use iPad chargers for my phone now due to the higher wattage (faster charge time).

Same here, especially with my 6 Plus. I can pretty much charge my 6 Plus as fast as my old iPhone 5 by using my iPad Air 2 charger. No going back, the adapter that came with the phone is still in the box.

Mashurrab

macrumors regular
May 30, 2014
i wonder ...

if the prototype looks so good and seems to be a final product quality why does it take all that time to release it to the market?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.