18hrs ownership of iphone4 .......feelin kinda bored of it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayo123456, Jul 31, 2010.

1. jayo123456 macrumors regular

just sharing my honest opinion, not trying to **** disturb or nothing.

but I'm already bored of it.

The hardware is one sexy mutha ********, no doubt.

but it's the UI that's feeling kinda dull, and old. I been looking at the same screen since 2008, I just wish Apple changed the UI a little more.

Hopefully some creative JB apps can spice it up a little, and more so, hopefully Apple makes more drastic UI changes in the next iphone.

oh, and the Camera is phenomenal. It's nuts what can be captured in a completely dark room, and even more nuts in a brightly lit area.

2. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Can't fix what isn't broken.. On that note, I hope they fix the stuff that's broken.

3. AppleKash macrumors 6502

I hear you --- But what suggestions would you make to make the device more interesting? (Besides the JB apps and screen thing you mentioned) I'm curious... because I do not necessarily disagree with you just yet.

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Love the phone...but don't love how my older apps look on it :mad:

5. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I am loving everything about my new iP4. No need to change something that works. As long as the OS isn't broken, don't fix it. The only thing I would like to see added, is customized ringtones for messages......

6. illutionz macrumors 65816

I think the UI is fine... the only thing Apple really needs to improve is to add some sort of notification bar pullout ala Android so those stupid obstructive popup would stop.

As far as revamping the entire UI, I really don't know what else they can do. Add widgets? Bleh I really only use 5 widgets on my Android. I even reduce my home screen to 3 instead of the default 5 on my Nexus One.... More widgets updating stuff = less battery life. With my iPhone I only have 1 page of stuff, most put neatly in a folder.

7. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Nah, the UI works fine. In fact the UI works really well. There's no sense in changing it. Perhaps we'll see a visual refresh come iOS 5, but I doubt anything drastic will be changed. I just find it amazing that Apple can just ignore such basic things like custom SMS ringtones, the lack of intuitiveness with multiple Store accounts, and whatever freak decided that Album Art would take over the full screen on the iPad iPod application needs to be fired. Seriously.

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The home screen UI is just a portal. If you're bored looking at the same screen since 2008, you should blame it on your apps, or your lack of new and interesting apps. Many of my apps have totally changed the way I perceive the phone...Pulse, eBay, BBC, Spider.

In 5 years, the iPhone home screen could go unchanged and still not look dated. Show me an Android phone home screen in 5 years, with its corny popups and flyout animations, and I'll show you a copy of Windows Vista.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

If you're bored after 18 hours perhaps you didn't need to update or were expecting too much. It's a phone. It's a device. And at the core - it's a phone and "mini" computer. It alone doesn't "entertain" - it's what software you put on it (apps)

Does your computer change THAT much? How about your toothbrush? Your DVD player? You toilet.

I find comments like "I'm bored with my phone" silly. Sorry - but that's my opinion. The problem isn't with the phone...

10. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

11. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I was going to post on this topic but the above post pretty much sums up what I was going to say.

What has happened to us? You're bored with your phone? Are we so shallow now that we have to be entertained every waking minute?

12. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

You have 29 days and 6 hours left to return (at the time you posted this thread anyway)

Don't like it...return it. Simple.

13. Gryzor macrumors 6502

It's a mobile phone. You know, it makes and receives phone calls. Take it back if it doesn't live up to your twisted expectations. :rolleyes:

14. iPadztr macrumors 6502

Any phone will do this to ya... You'll burn out and want something else... Right now you're getting burn out with iPhone... I would suggest to get some droid x or evo.. Good luck!

15. XLR8 macrumors regular

I've spent hours just playing with the camera and related apps. I take it mountain bike riding and running to log my routes. My wife steals it from me in the evenings and plays flight control for hours.

I guess we are easily entertained and for that, I am happy. :D

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

If you're bored with a technology after 18 hours, that means you need to get a life. Go out more and get a hobby.

17. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I love my iPhone4 been using iphones since '08 as well. Couldn't care less if the ui looks the same for 5 more years, the job of the device is to do what it's designed to do well. Want something new/different to look at buy art.

18. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

18 seconds readership of this OP post .......feelin kinda bored of it

19. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Haha. This is perfect.

20. illutionz macrumors 65816

Fixed ;) gotta shorten the "seconds" to "secs" to match the title ;)

21. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I felt the same way after I got mine, and especially after using a palm pre plus for 3 weeks prior, ios is really not that exciti anymore. However after getting some new apps and just using the phone I realize that while maybe I do want something different, no other phone currently out there will do the things I want to do with my phone better than the iphone4. We'll see if in 2 years if that'll still be the case when my next upgrade is available, but for now it's the iPhone.

22. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say I'm getting bored with mine but I do need to venture out and find more good apps for it. I find myself barely taking advantage of all the apps out there.

23. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

If you want to really see boring, try the mirror APP.

24. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

25. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I agree with you. I wouldn't say I'm bored with it, but it's not *as* exciting as I thought it would be after waiting 2 years for a new phone, lol. While I was excited to get the phone - and it definitely has a ton of new features - it doesn't really give me that "new phone" feeling because of the similar look/same UI. When I went from my Nokia to the iPhone it was like night and day and the iPhone was so cool! It could do all these things and it looked amazing. iPhone to iPhone, the new one looks nicer and does new things, but overall it's the "same" phone if you get what I mean.

The camera is what I've been playing w/ the most!