19-year old dead in church at parents' hands

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Oct 14, 2015.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

bad enough the parents to do this but the other church members to get involved too. isolated religion is too easily corrupted.I wonder if any of the republican candidates could justify this?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-son-in-new-york-church/ar-AAfqb3S?li=AAa0dzB

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

NOT sure what you hate the most, republicans or Christians, it is funny Christians are the only ones who would hire your wife, Thor must have a sense of humor.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

People who pound you to within an inch of your life at church have no business calling themselves christian.

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

For something that has nothing to do with republicans you have no problem dragging them in it. How about democrats? Hillary is a pretty religious person.

A fringe cult church is in no way any representation of any christian church. That sound like some pretty sick stuff went on there.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I don't thin this is a christian church. It "was" a christian church.

6. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

Just another example of the crazy things people do for religion. reading the comments below the article by other religious people made me even sadder...

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

You forgot ammosexuals.

8. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

the shooting at the school had nothing to do with republicans but the two front runners said **** happens. So I wonder if they will treat this the same way. or was it only because it involved guns? and I don't hate Christians but these people call themselves Christians so they are christian no matter what they act like. I also never said all Christians I said a isolated church like this.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

10. felt. macrumors 6502a

11. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

12. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

"Steve Knight thread" notwithstanding, it does leave one with some misgivings about the whole freedom of religion issue. For instance, there is a compound near San Jacinto California where one particular infamous religion apparently treats the lion's share of its people there like some kind of ants and chases them down if they try to leave. Why is this allowed? Why should anyone be allowed to use "religion" as cover for being asteriskholes? Whether it be Westboro, Farrakhan, Koresh, Kahane, Harris, whoever, we seriously need to draw a solid line where your faith lies clearly on the one side, but when you start trying to raise it as a shield for being a jerk, the rest of us are going to have to cut you off.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Who says that is allowed? All someone has to do is call the cops. Religions grasp ends when it infringes on the rights of others

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Unless it's the Church of Scientology.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

There are Millions of people who are shackled by their own mind . If that makes them happy have at it , I do feel for the children like those in this story who don't make it out alive

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That's the thing, some people aren't happy about it at all. But once they're on Gold Base, there's not a damn thing they or anyone else can do to extract them.

If there's any one organization that knows how to turn our rather well designed system of laws and rights into a blunt weapon to be used against its enemies, it's the Church of Scientology.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Plenty of the stupid,,,,,,Er Hollywood morons support that church. Organized religion is about money & control.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And where are the alleged good Christians who should be denouncing these people? Not seeing any major Christian leaders making it clear these people don't speak for them.

If the Muslims gotta do it, it only seems fair...

19. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

You know what drives me crazy? A person who does good deeds but does not go to church, believe in god, or lives in a lifestyle that isn't traditonal, They will be thrown under the bus as a sinner. However a murderer, child rapist, or something far worse can be "Forgiven" if they confess their sins.

That creates this stigma where people do terrible things and go to church each Sunday thinking suddenly it'll be all okay. These same people hand the homeless a dollar to deflect a sin they had committed.

Some of the greatest people have been labeled heretics, sinners, and condemened to hell. I'm thankful some people use common sense instead of just an ancient book that they warp to fit their own comprehension of it.

I don't hate religion, Any religion. What I hate is when they use that as an excuse to do something or to not do something that is morally signifigant.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Last time those kids will bake a cake for a gay wedding.

21. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Remember all those times in the bible where Jesus came in like Rambo and beat the living $#!+ out of sinners?

Yeah, neither do I.

22. sim667 macrumors 65816

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Actually, yes. At least the one time.

Perhaps this kids was changing money in the old school building?

24. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

There are some pretty f***** up people in the world. Such a sad thing for everybody. No need to invoke politics.

25. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's astounding that when a report like this is posted, from a certain forum group, we don't hear what a tragedy this is, but the OP is accused of hating Christians and Republicans, and the accuser gets 5 likes on his posts to boot. Kind of like when you criticize a gun death around here. :rolleyes: Actually it's kind of disgusting that there is a knee-jerk urge is to defend terrible people because they might be associated with your faith or be a licensed gun owner. :confused: