Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

newitunes122logo.jpg
Apple today released iTunes 12.2.1, a minor update that introduces some much needed bug fixes for iTunes Match and other features introduced with Apple Music. Apple Music was first released two weeks ago, but included several major bugs with iTunes Match that caused the deletion of entire music libraries and other issues, such as an inability to sign up for Apple Music for former iTunes Match subscribers.

The iTunes 12.2.1 update is available immediately from the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.
- Fixes an issue for iTunes Match where iTunes incorrectly changed some songs from Matched to Apple Music.
- Provides a way to correct a library problem affecting former iTunes Match subscribers.
- Includes minor bug fixes and improvements for Beats 1.
Today's update fixes the iTunes Match issue that caused iTunes to incorrectly label songs from Matched to Apple Music and it will allow several former iTunes Match subscribers who were unable to sign up for Apple Music to get the service for the first time. In addition, it also includes bug fixes for the Beats 1 radio station, which is built into Apple Music.

iTunes 12.2, first released two weeks ago alongside iOS 8.4 and OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite, is the second major update to iTunes 12 and the version of iTunes that includes support for the Apple Music service. Apple Music lets iTunes listeners get access to on-demand music, create playlists, and more, plus it includes the Beats 1 radio station and Apple Music Connect, Apple's artist-centric social network.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 12.2.1 With iTunes Match Fix

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I'm relieved this was a bug, i made a topic about this and people kinda shrugged it off or didn't notice it.

i was adding new music and it was being matched by apple music instead of iTunes Match (I'm a match subscriber, and i wanted my music matched with iTunes match)

cwazytech

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2009
Colorado
Does this mean it will give me a DRM matched music versus the DRM packed versions that disappear if I decide to cancel Apple Music? I would hate to lose music that is mine.

Gene Steinberg

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2007
It says: "Provides a way to correct a library problem affecting former iTunes Match subscribers."

And that is?

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
i still don't get this. i have iTunes match, i want icloud music. how do i transition without downloading every song from the cloud?

backinblack875

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2010
USA
is this referring to song/album names and artwork being changed to different songs/albums?? I reverted to a backup of my library because it totally F'ed up all my song names and artwork. this will fix it??

Also is anyone else's artwork on iPhone totally jacked up?? I believe all the song info and album is correct on my iPhone but almost all of the artwork is switched around

Reactions: KUguardgrl13

JustThinkin'

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2014
The download is stalling on my Mac Mini. Right now it's stuck at 62MB. Is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: After a second restart of OS X it finished installing (I'd restarted just before starting the update).

Last edited:
Reactions: backinblack875

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Does anyone know if this fixes the issue with iCloud Library? Whereby your local music on your iPhone or Laptop is updated with the incorrect cover art?

I downloaded a live album of a concert I went to (was an add on to the tickets I purchased) and I created a custom album art for it. iTunes then changed all the tracks to different album art from other live albums from that artist. :p

Reactions: KUguardgrl13

JustThinkin'

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2014
just passed 62mb and still going
Good, it was probably just me. Edited my post above; worked now after 2nd restart.

The App Store now reports that I've installed it 5 times this morning! This is about the number of times I cancelled and re-tried the update when it stalled. First the progress indicator stalled around 20MB; then at 62MB. Perhaps it was a different kind of glitch/bug with the progress indicator, rather than the actual download stalling.

Last edited:
Reactions: backinblack875
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.