Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Watch-White-250x151.jpeg
Apple has announced that the Apple Watch will be available for purchase on the Apple Online Store in New Zealand, Russia and Turkey starting July 31 after 7:01 AM local time.

Turkish customers should also have the option of in-store pickup at one of two physical Apple Store locations at the Zorlu Center and Akasya Shopping Center in Istanbul.

Apple Watch will now be available in over 20 countries, including the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and the United Kingdom.

New Zealand
- Apple Watch Sport: NZ$599 to NZ$699
- Apple Watch: NZ$949 to NZ$1,949
- Apple Watch Edition: NZ$17,500 to NZ$30,000

Russia
- Apple Watch Sport: 23,990 RUB to 27,990 RUB
- Apple Watch: 37,990 RUB to 78,990 RUB
- Apple Watch Edition: 660,000 RUB to 1,120,000 RUB

Turkey
- Apple Watch Sport: 1,249 TRY to 1,399 TRY
- Apple Watch: 1,999 TRY to 3,899 TRY
- Apple Watch Edition: 34,000 TRY to 56,000 TRY

(Thanks, Vladislav!)

Article Link: Apple Watch Launches in New Zealand, Russia and Turkey on July 31

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
4th wave and still no Finland. Shame. Seems like they're slowly but regularly dripping small waves of countries though, kind of unusual.

Reactions: BeachChair

Ballis

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2008
Oslo, Norway
4th wave and still no Finland. Shame. Seems like they're slowly but regularly dripping small waves of countries though, kind of unusual.

Countries with Siri supported languages first I suppose. Without Siri, the watch make little sense.

Reactions: V.K.

skipper63

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
Still no love for Austria.
But I can understand Apple's reasoning - a launch in a massive market like Austria would probably overwhelm Apple's supply chain.

Well, New Zealand ain't that populated either, so it might be a language problem with Siri;-)? I can hardly understand Austrians when they speak, so how hard mus that be for Siri:p

'Dorian

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2014
Where it's warm

You do know that you can purchase an American "cash" card and have one shipped to you immediately right? Through Visa, MasterCard or American Express... The delivery address has nothing to do with it.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Assuming that the prices equate to what we pay in the US, if I were in the market for the Rose Gold Watch, I would definately buy it in Russia.... Just so I can say i spent a million on a watch. :D:p:);)

Canubis

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Vienna, Austria
Still no love for Austria.
But I can understand Apple's reasoning - a launch in a massive market like Austria would probably overwhelm Apple's supply chain.

As we now know Apple cares a lot about celebrity opinions (I am looking at you Taylor), maybe we can get our Arnold Schwarzenegger to petition for Austria getting the Apple Watch… ;) If that doesn't work, there still is Conchita Wurst…

Reactions: majkom and merzolin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.