Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_9_icon.jpg
Apple today seeded the fifth beta of iOS 9 to developers for testing purposes, more than two weeks after releasing the fourth beta and two months after unveiling the new operating system at the 2015 Worldwide Developers Conference.

Apple has also seeded a third beta of iOS 9 to public beta testers, which is identical to the fifth beta developers have received. Developers can also download Xcode 7 beta 5.

The update, build number 13A4325c, is available as an over-the-air update and can also be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center.

Today's beta introduces new wallpapers and heralds the imminent release of a WiFi calling option for AT&T users. For a full list of changes in the beta, make sure to check out our iOS 9 Beta 5 Tidbits post.

iOS 9 beta 4 brought the return of Home Sharing for music and it fixed a bug that had prevented the iPhone's volume buttons from being used as a camera shutter. It also introduced a new look for Handoff in the app switching interface.

In addition to providing developers with five betas, Apple has also seeded two iOS 9 betas to public beta testers. The company plans to release iOS 9 to the public in the fall, likely alongside new iPhones.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fifth iOS 9 Beta to Developers, Third iOS 9 Beta to Public Testers

Shredliotti

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Curious how you are able to know before most everyone can see it in their portal or over the air?
Does it start rolling out to certain developers first?

randymac09

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
Maryland
When the last beta came out, I was on PB and I deleted that profile and downloaded the dev Beta. Will I be able to get this Dev beta ota, or will I have to do that trick again in order to get it?

Reactions: spl19 and Lebanese

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
When the last beta came out, I was on PB and I deleted that profile and downloaded the dev Beta. Will I be able to get this Dev beta ota, or will I have to do that trick again in order to get it?

If you loaded the profile again, you will need to remove it again to get the developer version or wait for the public release.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I am a part of the beta program, but I haven't tried a beta since 8.4. Is this beta stable enough yet?

Running 8.4 on my 128GB 6+.

I'm in the public beta program. not a developer. Sorry, time to get new contacts. :(

spl19

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2014
If you loaded the profile again, you will need to remove it again to get the developer version or wait for the public release.
I made the same......But reinstalled the profile.......Can i delete again and update to beta 5?Will my phone will have a problem?Don't have udid registered for beta.......only registered for public beta

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I made the same......But reinstalled the profile.......Can i delete again and update to beta 5?Will my phone will have a problem?Don't have udid registered for beta.......only registered for public beta

Your UDID is not needed for OTA updates. You would need to remove the public beta profile to get a beta other than a public beta.

Reactions: spl19

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
I am a part of the beta program, but I haven't tried a beta since 8.4. Is this beta stable enough yet?

Running 8.4 on my 128GB 6+.

I'm in the public beta program. not a developer. Sorry, time to get new contacts. :(

It is pretty stable for me. But there is no guarantee which apps will work and which not. I have one game that I don't care too much about that does not work and also the new Apple news app keeps crashing 90% of the time I try to use it. Otherwise I don't have any issues and I use it on my main phone. Battery life is fantastic.

so use it on your own risk, there is no guarantee that your most favorite/important app will work.

EDIT: btw, I use the dev beta ... but shouldn't be a too different experience from the public beta.

Reactions: jbachandouris

spl19

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2014
Your UDID is not needed for OTA updates. You would need to remove the public beta profile to get a beta other than a public beta.
That's right the first time that installed wanted device udid.....That was with public beta.....Deleting the profile now and getting ready for the beta 5 to update.....Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.