Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch sales are expanding to additional authorized resellers in a trio of countries this month, including The Good Guys in Australia, Stormfront in the United Kingdom and Media Markt and Saturn in Germany (via iFun.de).

The Good Guys, Media Markt and Saturn have begun selling the Apple Watch as of this week, while Stormfront is expected to start selling the wrist-worn device next week. Each retailer will sell the Apple Watch Sport and Apple Watch.

applewatch-800x430.png

Apple Watch was initially sold exclusively through the Apple Store, Apple Online Store and select fashion boutiques such as Galeries Lafayette in France and Selfridges in the U.K., but Apple has been rolling out the wrist-worn device to Best Buy and other authorized resellers over the past few months.

List of Apple Watch Authorized Resellers

United States
Best Buy
Maxfield
EVINE Live (TV)
Modernica (Puerto Rico)
Sprint
T-Mobile
B&H Photo

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Apple Watch Sales Expand to Additional Resellers

BravoKiller

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
New Zealand

Apple Watch sales are expanding to additional authorized resellers in a trio of countries this month, including The Good Guys in Australia, Stormfront in the United Kingdom and Media Markt and Saturn in Germany (via iFun.de).

The Good Guys, Media Markt and Saturn have begun selling the Apple Watch as of this week, while Stormfront is expected to start selling the wrist-worn device next week. Each retailer will sell the Apple Watch Sport and Apple Watch.

applewatch-800x430.png

Apple Watch was initially sold exclusively through the Apple Store, Apple Online Store and select fashion boutiques such as Galeries Lafayette in France and Selfridges in the U.K., but Apple has been rolling out the wrist-worn device to Best Buy and other authorized resellers over the past few months.

List of Apple Watch Authorized Resellers:
Best Buy (U.S and Canada)
Currys and PCWorld (U.K.)
John Lewis (U.K.)
Stormfront (U.K.)
Harvey Norman (Australia)
JB Hi-Fi (Australia)
The Good Guys (Australia)
Myer (Australia)
Fnac (France)
Compustore (Germany)
Gravis (Germany)
Media Markt (Germany)
Saturn (Germany)

The above list will be updated as more Apple Watch authorized resellers are announced.

Article Link: Apple Watch Sales Expand to Additional Resellers
You can also add to the list

Noel Leeming (New Zealand)
https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/

It's was actually the first authorised reseller to sell the apple watch.
They did it before the watches were available at Best Buy in the US.

Reactions: Joe Rossignol

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
I still don't understand why Apple limited where there watches were sold to begin with. Was it mainly do to the amount they had in production and expectations of higher sales? Or did they think the exclusivity would drive sales? I guess they also wanted more profits from directly selling them... But still... There are so many parts of the country (I am only speaking for the US as I do not know the whole worlds market) that aren't close to an Apple Store, and a common amount of people won't spend $500 ordering a wearable tech accessory without seeing/trying it on first.

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Must point out that a number of electronic stores here in Japan (BicCamera,etc) have sold the Apple Watch since launch day in their "Apple Corners" or "Apple Store-in-Stores"

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
I would hate to have a store named Stormfront. The google results you get when you search it are not pleasant.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm familiar with that site and was shocked a store has the same name
A guy named Mike Fleming incorporated Stormfront Technology Limited on 7 December 2000. The American documentary hate.com was originally broadcast on 23 October 2000. The documentary was definitely reported here in the UK but I guess the news dribbled through over weeks and months, and even if the poor bloke was immediately aware of the broadcast he had probably invested too much in the name, both emotionally and financially, to make a late change!

That said, Stormfront Retail Limited was incorporated in August 2007, with two additional directors (after a brief stint as Stormfront Tracking Limited). Up to that point is was still a single store; presumably the new company was created with the intention of retail store expansion, and they've gone from ten stores in 2010 to 23 stores currently. You'd have thought that 2006/2007 would have been a good time to consider a rebrand.

As an aside, in the past week I've seen two Jim'll Mix It cement mixer lorries on the road, more than six months after the company announced it was rebranding as MixIt. A local handyman, once known as Tim'll Fix it, is now the much duller Tim Ireland Construction. If you don't know the reason for such name changes, look at the Wikipedia entry for Jimmy Savile.

Reactions: WarHeadz

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
I can see a Disney special Apple Watch sold in the parks with a collection of the Disney characters for watch faces and not just Mickey.

WissMAN

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Lone Star state
You can also add to the list

Noel Leeming (New Zealand)
https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/

It's was actually the first authorised reseller to sell the apple watch.
They did it before the watches were available at Best Buy in the US.

What ever happened to the statement from the newly hired marketing women who so proudly stated that the watches would be sold online exclusively?? Then they appeared in Apple stores; now everywhere. It is a telling sign that they sales are hurting.

scotttnz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Noel Leeming in New Zealand have had them since they were launched here, but only in 3 stores nationwide. JB Hifi have started selling them this week in NZ, although when I was in there today, they didn't have any on display, just a sign up with the prices of the Sport only on it. I saw a salesperson trying to sell one using just the Apple website. They didn't seem to have any available to try on. This was maybe 500m up the road from the Noel Leeming I bought mine from, where they have the range on display and a full try on service.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
I still don't understand why Apple limited where there watches were sold to begin with. Was it mainly do to the amount they had in production and expectations of higher sales? Or did they think the exclusivity would drive sales? I guess they also wanted more profits from directly selling them... But still... There are so many parts of the country (I am only speaking for the US as I do not know the whole worlds market) that aren't close to an Apple Store, and a common amount of people won't spend $500 ordering a wearable tech accessory without seeing/trying it on first.
Other Apple products also didn't get sold in all of channels they are sold now in their first months of existence. At the beginning supplies are always constrained. Even new iPhones take several months to roll out to all countries and took years to roll out to all the carriers and other channel partners they are currently sold at. The watch is a completely new product, it makes sense that new channel partners are added in stages.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2013
Note to editor Western Computer has numerous branches - it isn't just Western Cirencester. Branches include Cheltenham, Oxford, Leamington Spa etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.