Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone6-ios-setup-hello-250x395.jpg
Apple has published a new support document on its website that outlines a fix for users experiencing an unresponsive "Slide to Upgrade" screen after updating to iOS 9 (via iPhoneHacks).

The issue has affected a growing number of users on the Apple Support Communities, MacRumors discussion forum and social media.

Apple recommends restoring your device from an iTunes backup to resolve the problem.
1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
2. Select your device. If you don't see it listed, force restart your device by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
3. If you made an iTunes backup of your device before updating to iOS 9, restore your device from that backup. If not, you need to make a backup of your device in iTunes, then restore from that backup.
Apple released iOS 9 on Wednesday for iPhone 4s or later, iPad 2 or later and the fifth-generation iPod touch or later.

Article Link: Apple Outlines Fix for Unresponsive 'Slide to Upgrade' Screen on iOS 9

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
iOS 9 has been a pretty bad release so far quite honestly.

So much lag and instability on many devices. 4s, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, and some iPads. So much that I had to downgrade to 8.4.1. Sure, it's just a ".0" release for now, but it gives a terrible first impression considering iOS 9 is supposed to improve the experience of iOS 8. Not even close. The only improvement I saw was the battery life.

I hope Apple makes some drastic improvements with iOS 9.1.

Last edited:

vmistery

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
With such a huge user Base some people are always going to have problems. The challenge Apple have is to minimise it and fix problems quickly when they do pop up.

Reactions: orbital~debris

lincolntran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
iOS 9 has been a pretty bad release so far quite honestly.

So much lag and instability on many devices. 4s, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, and some iPads. So much that I had to downgrade to 8.4.1. Sure, it's just a ".0" release for now, but it gives a terrible first impression considering iOS 9 is supposed to improve the experience of iOS 8. Not even close. The only improvement I saw was the battery life.

I hope Apple makes some drastic improvements with iOS 9.1.

iOS 9 has been running fantastic on my 6, 6+, iPad mini 2, and Air 2. There're so many unmentioned convenient features that make me go "oh, this is cool".

With such a huge user Base some people are always going to have problems. The challenge Apple have is to minimise it and fix problems quickly when they do pop up.

Unfortunately, those who have never deploy any software (or deployed to tiny user base) will keep thinking that every upgrade have to be perfect on every device, all the time.

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
"With iOS 9, we've come up with this magical feature that we think is amazing. iPhone won't let you use it until you've walked around outside a bit. We call it, FreshAir."

freiheit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2004
California
Whew! Glad I didn't experience this issue when I upgraded my iPhone 6 on Wednesday. I did an over-the-air upgrade while at work, away from my Mac.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
iOS 9 GM and public release ran just fine on my 6+. Even did an OTA update on the public release.

zudy

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
Florida
People amaze me I have updated 6 iPhones from 4s to 6 Plus and 4 iPad and iPad mini's and not and issue I bet all the people that have an issue there phone's are a mess from not updated apps to crazy apps not signed into things things turned off, I have seen it since the release I have helped people that don't update apps and there are no backups and then they just update the firmware and think there will be no issue when they don't do any regular Maintenance , then it's Apple fault. I bet they had a lot of issues before the upgrade but now we have something to blame it on, grow up and take care of your **** and stop blaming everyone else

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.