Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Universal Pictures' Steve Jobs moving starring Michael Fassbender as Jobs and Seth Rogen as Wozniak will be in retail stores starting tomorrow, February 16, with Blu-ray and DVD copies available for purchase. Special features include a behind the scenes look at the filming of the movie along with commentary from Aaron Sorkin and Danny Boyle, and other members of the Steve Jobs cast and crew.
- Inside Jobs: The Making of Steve Jobs
- Feature Commentary with Director Danny Boyle
- Feature Commentary with Writer Aaron Sorkin and Editor Elliot Graham
The DVD and Blu-ray release comes two weeks ahead of the 88th Annual Academy Awards ceremony, which will take place on Sunday, February 28. Michael Fassbender, who played Jobs, and Kate Winslet, who played Joanna Hoffman, have both been nominated to win an Oscar. Winslet won Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes in January and took home the award for Best Supporting Actress from The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) award ceremony yesterday.

stevejobsmoviedvd.jpg

A Digital HD version of Steve Jobs was released earlier this month on several online storefronts, including iTunes. It was given little fanfare by Apple and was not featured under the list of new releases, an unsurprising move given the negative reaction the movie received from Apple executives. Apple CEO Tim Cook called the movie and other similar Jobs-related titles "opportunistic."

Despite positive reviews, Steve Jobs saw a disappointing box office performance following its October debut, bringing in just $7.3 million during the opening weekend of its wide theatrical release. It was pulled from more than 2,072 theaters just a few weeks after its launch, but it has seen a strong showing during the awards season.

To celebrate the release of Steve Jobs on DVD and Blu-ray, we're giving away one Blu-ray combo pack to a MacRumors reader, which includes the Blu-ray, DVD, and a Digital HD code. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner and send the prizes.

You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page. Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter.

The contest will run from today (February 15) at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time through 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time on February 19. The winner will be chosen randomly on February 19 and will be contacted by email. The winner has 48 hours to respond a before a new winner is chosen.

Article Link: 'Steve Jobs' Available on Blu-ray and DVD Tomorrow (Win a Copy)

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
Seriously? Have you seen this movie?

Worst. Movie. Ever!

I'd rather get a broken AC adapter, a chewed up 30pin cable, or an old ugly iPhone 3 shell, than this movie. Anything, really, would be better...

So, what does one have to do to NOT win this?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: ceva321 and mrgraff

Haynzee

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
If you've not seen this, wait for it in the bargain bin or on netflix/other means ;) nothing special at all.

Reactions: ceva321

darkknight14

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2011
I really enjoyed the film and the performances were great from the cast!

The only bit that frustrated me was the verbal battles between Jobs and Woz, with Woz asking Jobs to acknowledge an old product at a new product launch, not sure if this happened in real life but just doesn't make sense..

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
The amount of hate for this movie is shocking. I saw it over the weekend on an airplane and was pleasantly surprised. Fassbender is very believable.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Still haven't watched this, but when I do it'll be on Blu-ray.

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
FYI, it's Seth Rogen.

Anyhoo, happy to finally be able to rent and watch this (I don't watch anything in the theater that's not high on visual effects).

I've heard the pros and cons, but so far what I've seen in trailers and clips looks good. Top-notch acting is always appreciated in my camp; let's see if the writing is up to snuff.

SgtPepper12

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2011
Germany
I see a lot of people hating that movie for it's context (meaning, they actually hate Apple and Apple fanboyism). Personally, I think that was actually a pretty good movie. Amazing acting, amazingly well written and really touching as well. Too many people talk about Apple and Steve Jobs and the iPhone when they are talking about this movie. Of course it's not a 1:1 depiction of reality, it's a movie, but to me it's an interesting story, involves interesting characters and that's enough. I didn't know Steve personally or any of the characters ftm, so for all I care this could be complete fiction, and I'd still enjoy it. As long as the story is well worked out, I'm fine with inaccuracies in a movie.

Reactions: melendezest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.