Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Music today announced that it'll stream a concert for the band The 1975 Thursday at 9 a.m. Pacific on Beats 1. Apple Music has been teasing the announcement all day on its Snapchat account, displaying the band's lyrics and teasing the concert's set as preparations for the event are completed.

Apple isn't a newcomer to live streaming concerts, as it broadcasts its annual Apple Music Festival to music fans around the world for free. It is, however, the first time the company has streamed a concert live on its new streaming service.

beats1the1975.png

The concert will be streamed from a rooftop in Los Angeles, with The 1975 playing songs from its new album "I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It," which releases on February 26. However, it's unclear whether the concert will be an audio stream on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 radio show or whether it'll be a video stream. On The 1975's Connect page, the band only promises that fans will "hear" the songs performed live on Beats 1.

Since the launch of Apple Music, the Cupertino company has worked to secure exclusive content for the service to differentiate it from competitors. In December, singer Taylor Swift announced that Apple Music would be the exclusive home to her concert film "The 1989 World Tour LIVE." More recently, it was reported that Dr. Dre would star in Apple's first original television series, Vital Signs, which is being described as a dark semi-autobiographical drama about the Apple executive and Beats co-founder. The series is rumored to be distributed via Apple Music.

Article Link: Apple Music to Stream Live Concert by The 1975 on Thursday

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Cool! I kinda like these guys, so I'll try to tune in and listen to them perform for a bit. :)

Reactions: Keane16

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Is The 1975 actually playing live on the rooftop, like the Beatles did with their 'Get back' "Audition" from a London rooftop in, I believe, the late sixties? If they pick a high enough building, people on the ground might not even notice, unless they're plugged into Beats 1.

Last edited:

mbh1976

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
I've seen them live twice and they are really good even if you overlook their average fan being a 19-year old girl (their SNL performance was awful).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.