Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's "Let Us Loop You In" event kicks off at 10:00 AM Pacific Time today, and we're expecting to see several product announcements including a new 4-inch "iPhone SE," an updated 9.7-inch iPad perhaps branded as an "iPad Pro," and a few updates for the Apple Watch line, although upgrades to the watch itself will not be coming today.

We're also expecting to see a full set of operating system upgrades today, as Apple has been beta testing iOS 9.3, OS X 10.11.4, tvOS 9.2, and watchOS 2.2 for several months now. Today's event is being held at the Town Hall auditorium on Apple's headquarters campus in Cupertino.

Apple is providing a live video stream on its website and via Apple TV.

apple_march_2016_il4_banner.jpg

In addition to Apple's video stream, we will be updating this article with live blog coverage and issuing Twitter updates through our @MacRumorsLive account as the keynote unfolds. Highlights from the event and separate news stories regarding today's announcements will go out through our @MacRumors account.

Apple's online stores around the world are currently down in advance of the event.

Archive of Live Updates in Reverse Chronological Order

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Live Coverage of Apple's 'Let Us Loop You In' iPhone SE and 9.7" iPad Pro Event

Reactions: Abhishek23

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
"Media and guests are getting registered and taking advantage of Apple's food and drink selections."
The standard water, coffee, OJ, and danishes? Or does Apple go all out?

Dalant

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2016
Alright just need to get on record my theory about product releases today.

There will be TWO iPads released. iPad Air 3 and iPad Pro 9.7"

iPad Air 3: A9 chip, maybe better camera specs. Not much else different. typical 16/64/128 price points.

iPad Pro 9.7": new design with similar features to larger iPad Pro. A9X. Pencil and slim keyboard support. will have screen with higher color gamut to Air 3. PRICING STARTS AT $649 (not $599). Could be as high as $699 starting. 32/128/128+LTE configs. Remember this is a PRO level device, and Apple with charge accordingly.

Also the iPhone SE will be priced starting at $549 in 16/64/128 configs. A9 chip. Add NFC and better cameras. Probably better battery life. It will be mostly the same as the 5S design because THIS WAS AN AMAZING DESIGN. Last design under Steve Jobs watch. Remember that Apple typically uses the same design for up to 5 years with their other products, why not have a phone with the same design for 5 years if it's AMAZING?

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Asked this in another thread, but got no advice:

What is everyone's favorite live-blog of Apple's announcements?

Years back, mine used to be Engadget, but their reporting went downhill and I have their new website's format.

Then I used TheVerge for a while, they seemed to get center-row seats for good pictures and have a good website. Their commentary seems to have gone from mild to annoying. Now it seems they have more quips and sarcasm than actual quotes of what is being said on stage.

MacRumors is ok, but they live-blog website isn't so great and they always seem to get terrible seats, and thus all the pictures are pretty bad.

Which do you guys recommend, taking into account quality of commentary and transcription of what is being said, quality of pictures, and quality of live-blog website format?​

Reactions: tobruk

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
These people looked miserable. Okay here goes: get yo pillow, pillow for 5 dollars! Get yo pillow for 5 dollars. I got ear plugs and blinder for sale!

Reactions: a.roden

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
残念だから。私は眠いですよ。それじゃあ。
(Unfortunately, I will go to sleep. See ya. )

Reactions: Gudi

blakethebeast10

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
Can't wait for this thing to start. I'm hoping the lack of exciting rumors means they're going to surprise us with something cool today

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

loopmein

Suspended
Mar 19, 2016
Asked this in another thread, but got no advice:

What is everyone's favorite live-blog of Apple's announcements?

Years back, mine used to be Engadget, but their reporting went downhill and I have their new website's format.

Then I used TheVerge for a while, they seemed to get center-row seats for good pictures and have a good website. Their commentary seems to have gone from mild to annoying. Now it seems they have more quips and sarcasm than actual quotes of what is being said on stage.

MacRumors is ok, but they live-blog website isn't so great and they always seem to get terrible seats, and thus all the pictures are pretty bad.

Which do you guys recommend, taking into account quality of commentary and transcription of what is being said, quality of pictures, and quality of live-blog website format?​

I cannot STAND "live blogs" - if it's LIVE, I get ONE chance to hear it live - your "opinions" and over-dubbed opinionated waffle ain't interesting, get out of my way, I want to hear the keynote, not the keynote with superimposed blabbering and I'll pick and choose "opinions" post-fact.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
What do you recon they'll open with? Sales or Apple Campus 2?

I'd actually put "security" as a long shot. Maybe just a "we're busy getting ready for a meeting tomorrow" type quip at most.

LukasValine

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
Alright just need to get on record my theory about product releases today.

There will be TWO iPads released. iPad Air 3 and iPad Pro 9.7"

iPad Air 3: A9 chip, maybe better camera specs. Not much else different. typical 16/64/128 price points.

iPad Pro 9.7": new design with similar features to larger iPad Pro. A9X. Pencil and slim keyboard support. will have screen with higher color gamut to Air 3. PRICING STARTS AT $649 (not $599). Could be as high as $699 starting. 32/128/128+LTE configs. Remember this is a PRO level device, and Apple with charge accordingly.

Also the iPhone SE will be priced starting at $549 in 16/64/128 configs. A9 chip. Add NFC and better cameras. Probably better battery life. It will be mostly the same as the 5S design because THIS WAS AN AMAZING DESIGN. Last design under Steve Jobs watch. Remember that Apple typically uses the same design for up to 5 years with their other products, why not have a phone with the same design for 5 years if it's AMAZING?

Apple would never use color gamut as a differentiating factor between tablets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.