Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As we reported in January, Apple plans to hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference on June 13 to June 17 in San Francisco, at the Moscone West convention center where the conference has been held for the past several years.

The official WWDC dates have leaked courtesy of Siri (via 9to5Mac), who, when asked when WWDC will be held responds: "The Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will be held June 13 to June 17 in San Francisco. I'm so excited!"

siriwwdcdates.jpg

While today's information counts as official confirmation that the conference will be held from June 13 to June 17, the dates in question were already known based on scheduling information at Moscone West. Since January, the Moscone Center has been booked for the first, second, fourth, and fifth weeks of June, leaving only the third week open for Apple.

Given that Siri is providing information about the Worldwide Developers Conference, the ticket lottery for the event is imminent and could go live as soon as tomorrow. Due to the popularity of the event, Apple offers each $1,599 ticket to developers based on a lottery system.

Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference is of interest to developers because it gives them a chance to interface with Apple engineers and attend a wide variety of instructional websites to learn methods for improving their apps. For non-developers, the Worldwide Developers Conference provides a first look at new versions of iOS and OS X and is also often used as a venue for introducing new products and services.

Article Link: WWDC to Be Held June 13 to June 17 in San Francisco

garirry

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2013
Canada is my city
I don't care if there won't be everything we want, as long as there's cool new stuff announced to talk about. If people expected an entire Mac refresh or whatever, they'll just be disappointed, and if they don't, they might be surprised if it happens.

Reactions: MLVC and Dydegu

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
You guys know this is a DEVELOPER'S conference, right? If Macs are updated, it'll be a minor part of the show. It's primarily about iOS and OS X.

Edit: I get it, guys. They've released hardware before. I'm just amazed at the overwhelming expectations of a complete overhaul of the entire lineup.

Last edited:

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
OK Apple, PLEASE Mac Pro, Mac Mini, MBP and TB displays at 5K.
I know you can do it!
wow...that will be one of the best WWDC if it will come true. MacOS, iOS10, tvOS and watchOS
[doublepost=1461003267][/doublepost]
You guys know this is a DEVELOPER'S conference, right? If Macs are updated, it'll be a minor part of the show. It's primarily about iOS and OS X.
yea like the introduction of the new 15" MBP and updates for the rest of the macs in 2012?

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
We pay $100 year to make APPLE money and then they want $1600 from us to pay for their conference too.

shameless.

Psyfuzz

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2014
New MBPs, performance upgrades for iMacs, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, and retina MacBooks, iOS 10, new OS X system, WatchOS3, potential Apple Watch 2.

So many things that could happen!

Despite the title Apple's announced:
  • the Mac Pro in 2006
  • the iPhone 3G
  • unibody Macbook Pros in 2009,
  • the iPhone 4 in 2010,
  • retina Macbook Pros in 2012,
  • the new Mac Pro in 2013, and the redesigned Air.

Apple does a lot of product launches at WWDC, not sure where you've been.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
but i wonder how long will be the show? is just 2 hours enough for all?? i mean now we have along with the demo for ios and macos, we have tvos and watchOS demo..

Reactions: EthanLMT and midkay

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i really hope for at least 2 hours and a half or maybe 3 hours to take their time to present all !!
redesign for 13" and 15" MBP, redesign for mac mini, maybe Mac PRO update and new thunderbolt 5k display, demo for MACOS, iOS, TVOS and watch os !!!!
GO APPLE PLZ

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA

But developers have to work on real Macs not the toy Macs that make up the current product line, so lets hope that Apple does not completely ignore the need.

Reactions: Altis and pat500000

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
If that was the case I blame Phil for announcing it in during few summers ago.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Macbook updates would be interesting to see along with IOS 10 and the new OS X. Maybe an update to Apple Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.