Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its support site with a brand new look and new ways for users to interact with it. The new site is broken into several different blocks, with most of the attention going to three different ways users can get help.

applesupport.png

The first block is dedicated to a search bar that provides Quick Links, which allow users to get the answers they're looking for while they're searching rather than having to wait for a results page. The second block allows users to find support by choosing the device they need help with and the third block features "Popular Topics," like how to manage an Apple ID or photos.

The next set of blocks let users know they can seek help from other Apple users at the Apple Support Communities, check warranty and repair status and how to contact Apple Support. The final two blocks are dedicated to promoting Apple Workshops in retail stores and list out recall and replacement programs. The site's new design is also compatible with mobile browsers.

Our reimagined & redesigned site is live. See it for yourself today. https://t.co/6By6G4zBum pic.twitter.com/V9iSUm2Cqx - Apple Support (@AppleSupport) April 29, 2016

In recent months, Apple has worked to make it easier for its customers to seek help from the company about its products. Last month, Apple launched the Apple Support Twitter account, which quickly gained momentum after its genesis and was responding to nearly 100 tweets per hour.

Article Link: Apple Debuts 'Reimagined and Redesigned' Support Site

zero7

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2008
Awesome.

iPhone batter, my favorite!

I've seen so many people misspell battery here on the forums and on other tech sites...
As a non-native English speaker I'm quite curious: Is this a common spelling problem for English speakers or is it some kind of typing mistake (e.g. you forget to type the last letter of the word because you're in a hurry...)
Unfortunately, searching for this on google is not possible because batter has its own meaning. :-/

kwikdeth

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Tempe, AZ
I've seen so many people misspell battery here on the forums and on other tech sites...
As a non-native English speaker I'm quite curious: Is this a common spelling problem for English speakers or is it some kind of typing mistake (e.g. you forget to type the last letter of the word because you're in a hurry...)
Unfortunately, searching for this on google is not possible because batter has its own meaning. :-/
It's a joke making fun of the fact the autocorrect likes to be a bit ... Over-eager in thinking what you meant to type. At least in this instance it is

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Um... yippee, I guess. Half the Mac lineup continues to stagnate, but hey, we got a fresh face on the support site.

And I'm not sure what the big deal is. If you dig down through the new interface, you end up at the same notes and discussions as before. Am I missing something?

Edit: Just did a few searches on my favorite OS X sore thumb (Slow SMB performance) and came up with a whole lot of hits that have nothing to do with that. Unimpressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.