Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released iOS 9.3.2 to the public, marking the second update to iOS 9 since iOS 9.3 launched in March of 2016. In testing since April 6, Apple seeded a total of four iOS 9.3.2 betas to developers and public beta testers prior to releasing the update to the public.

Today's iOS 9.3.2 release is available as an over-the-air update for all iOS 9 users and it can also be downloaded through iTunes.

appleios93.jpg

iOS 9.3.2, as a minor 9.x.x update, focuses mainly on under-the-hood performance improvements and bug fixes rather than outward-facing changes. One of the biggest bug fixes resolves an ongoing issue that caused Bluetooth accessories to experience audio quality issues when paired with an iPhone SE.
- Fixes an issue where some Bluetooth accessories could experience audio quality issues when paired to the iPhone SE
- Fixes an issue where looking up dictionary definitions could fail
- Addresses an issue that prevented typing email addresses when using the Japanese Kana keyboard in Mail and Messages
- Fixes an issue for VoiceOver users using the Alex voice, where the device switches to a different voice to announce punctuation or spaces
- Fixes an issue that prevented MDM servers from installing Custom B2B apps
In addition to the bug fixes listed above, the update also introduces support for using Night Shift and Low Power Mode simultaneously. During the first few iOS 9.3 betas, the two features were able to be turned on simultaneously, but later betas removed that functionality. With iOS 9.3.2, devices capable of using Night Shift can turn it on with Low Power Mode enabled.

iOS 9.3.2 is the eighth update to the iOS 9 operating system, following iOS 9.0.1, iOS 9.0.2, iOS 9.1, iOS 9.2, iOS 9.2.1, iOS 9.3, and iOS 9.3.1.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 9.3.2 With Support for Simultaneous Night Shift/Low Power Mode Usage

YoitsTmac

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
I feel the bluetooth fix is a bit late. I know my mom was so furious she almost returned her phone. It's pretty upsetting, especially when you hear Apple is trying to force more bluetooth over wired headsets

Reactions: 3568358

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
shame it fixed the Animation Bug (i know how weird that sounds) but i just cant go back to those slow animations. I have it on my iPad and its driving me a bit nutty. Gotta stay on 9.3.1

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
FINALLY. I've been anxiously waiting years for this update. Can't believe it has taken this long to make my phone display piss-colored AND laggy at the same time! The future is now.

Edit: /joke for those who missed it. Both are useful.

Last edited:

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
People who bought the SE and returned it for this Bluetooth audio issue should have kept their SE because this was always going to be a software fix and sure enough, now if you order the SE it's going to be another 2-4 week wait.

Reactions: 3568358

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I'm not going to update...I am waiting on the jailbreak... oh wait... :( We haven't had a jailbreak since 9.1 (or was it 9.2) Sigh.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
I feel the bluetooth fix is a bit late. I know my mom was so furious she almost returned her phone. It's pretty upsetting, especially when you hear Apple is trying to force more bluetooth over wired headsets
Wires are best! Don't be fooled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.