Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_9_proactive-250x480.jpg
Apple this month has expanded Spotlight Suggestions to seven additional regions for compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models running iOS 9 or later.

The localized feature is now supported in Hong Kong, India, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates.

Spotlight Suggestions, such as popular contacts, frequently opened apps, nearby amenities, and local news headlines, can be found by swiping right on the home screen.

Other supported regions include the U.S., U.K., Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Article Link: iOS 9 Now Supports Spotlight Suggestions in 7 More Countries

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I keep forgetting it's a thing, same with Spotlight as a whole actually. I am too used to the old iOS ways of doing things I suppose

Domen151

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2014
Why isn't this available everywhere? I always forget that this 'Spotlight suggestions' even exists, because here the only thing that screen shows are recent apps and contacts o_O

lra108

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2013
To be fair, it's not really that helpful anyhow... the news section isn't even curated, it's just general news and the app suggestions just shows you the last few apps you used rather than the apps you use the most

Reactions: S G and Imory

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I hate spotlight suggestions. I hate that I cannot turn it off inside the maps app. It's just paid ad garbage blocking me from seeing the content I'm actually searching for.

anirudha

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2016
The doc on Apple's website has not been updated. Also the feature is not appearing on wifi in India. It's working on mobile data though. I'm not sure what's the basis for this article?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.