Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Maps has recently been updated with all-new traffic data in Greece, providing users with real-time updates about vehicular traffic in the southeastern Europe country. As usual, highly congested areas will have orange or red dotted lines along the roads to indicate that drivers may face delays.

Apple-Maps-Traffic-Greece.jpg

Apple Maps traffic data is available in over 30 other countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, China, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, South Africa, Spain, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Poland, Switzerland, and other European countries.

Article Link: Apple Maps Now Provides Traffic Data in Greece

Reactions: jjm3

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
Holy cow that was a long time coming!! Don't think I even remember maps without traffic here in Ireland!! Just goes to show you how little Apple thinks of Europe - and its less and less these days!

theoapo

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2015
Athens, Greece
Unfortunately Apple Maps is less acurate than Google Maps in Greece.
Still it has a nice UI and good turn by turn navigation, pronouncing even the street's names.

Come on Apple, we're still waiting (patiently or not) for Nearby Places, Greek Siri or Quicktype keyboard...
Oh well...
:)

Reactions: hagar

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Holy cow that was a long time coming!! Don't think I even remember maps without traffic here in Ireland!! Just goes to show you how little Apple thinks of Europe - and its less and less these days!

Ireland has a population of about twelve people, though! Do you really need a satnav to tell you: "left for the pub, right for the potato field"? :D

(P.S.: I absolutely love Ireland. My longtime housemate was from Limerick. Couldn't ask to meet a nicer guy!)

gruversm

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2009
Ireland has a population of about twelve people, though! Do you really need a satnav to tell you: "left for the pub, right for the potato field"? :D

(P.S.: I absolutely love Ireland. My longtime housemate was from Limerick. Couldn't ask to meet a nicer guy!)
Wow!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.