Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With time zone differences, Apple customers in Australia and New Zealand are always the first to get their new devices when orders begin shipping out.

It's just about 9:00 a.m. in New Zealand, so customers who pre-ordered an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, or Apple Watch Series 2 are beginning to receive their shipments and have begun sharing photos of their devices on social networks like Instagram and Twitter. Deliveries will begin soon in Australia.

iphone7newzealand.jpg
Image via Instagram user Hamad960

As September 16 hits around the world, the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will be available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK, US Virgin Islands and the US.

iphone7nz2.jpg
Image via Instagram user 0anna0banana0

Retail stores in those countries will be opening at 8:00 a.m. local time letting customers pick up reserved devices and purchase new phones via walk-in. Customers who did not pre-order will have a limited selection of iPhones for walk-in purchases, as Apple has said there are no iPhone 7 Plus models and no Jet Black iPhone 7 models available at all.

Customers who planned to wait in line to obtain an iPhone 7 Plus or a Jet Black iPhone 7 should instead order online. Delivery estimates for those devices range into November based on color and configuration.

In the United States, the first iPhone 7 deliveries will begin starting at approximately 8:00 a.m. local time, with the first deliveries occurring on the east coast.

Article Link: First iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Pre-Order Customers in New Zealand Begin Receiving Shipments

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
To bad they didn't do instore pick up. It was the best and easiest experience picking up my 6 plus on launch day. I waited in a small reserve line for about 30 minutes then was walking out with my phone about 10 minutes after.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Hmmm lools like the regular black one gets just as many smuges. Might get the Jet Black / or Diamond Black as it is called over here further down the line after all.

Reactions: toshmac

toshmac

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Philadelphia metro
I am definitely regretting my decision to go with the Jet Black 7 now that I've had a better look at it in videos and reviews. Not only am I going to quite likely return it, but I have to wait an extra week just to get it in the first place. Lesson learned!
why exactly do you regret it? just wondering. i ordered a Jet Black 7 myself. i always use a slim case anyway, but it's usually clear.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
That jet black phone looks like it has the potential to be a smudge magnet! Just unboxed and there they are :-/ So far I prefer the glass of the iP4 and plastic of the 3.

The iPhone 4 glass was awesome. I miss that feel. When I used the Samsung Galaxy Edge it had the same nice glass feel to it. So much nicer than the feel of plastic or aluminum.

T-Friz

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2016
New York
Hmmm lools like the regular black one gets just as many smuges. Might get the Jet Black / or Diamond Black as it is called over here further down the line after all.
I too had this internal debate, but I use a case anyway so in the end it didn't really matter

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
OMG MY JET BLACK CASE IS ALREADY SCUFFED AND ALL I DID WAS TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX WTFFFF

1. Scuffs
2. Class action
3. ???
4. Profit.

No to #2. Consumers will have 0 recourse for any scratches on the phone. Why? Apple clearly stated UP FRONT, that micro abrasions are inherent possibilities with that type of finish. Lastly, any scratches/scuffs would be a deeper incursion to the surface and not a flaw of design.

In short, people could try but it would be thrown out if it got that far.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

The guy had sweaty hands!! The Jet Black is definitely the worse. As soon as you touch it, it'll be marked.

Reactions: pentrix2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.