Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manutd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
London
had a lot of trouble today, first the hard drive was making a lot of ticking and scracthing sounds, my isight camera has stopped working and front row is crashing quite a lot.

i think someone must have dropped my imac, anyway there sending me a replacement after i was on the phone to apple for an hour.

Anyway when the imac is functioning it is a special sight, i think front row is excellent so simplistic and effective. Also the general simplicity of mac osx is great.

i find the 17 inch screen bright and spacious.

excellent machine but i am annoyed with the problems and apple support, i guess i just got a bad apple, lol

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
manutd said:
had a lot of trouble today, first the hard drive was making a lot of ticking and scracthing sounds, my isight camera has stopped working and front row is crashing quite a lot.

i think someone must have dropped my imac, anyway there sending me a replacement after i was on the phone to apple for an hour.

Anyway when the imac is functioning it is a special sight, i think front row is excellent so simplistic and effective. Also the general simplicity of mac osx is great.

i find the 17 inch screen bright and spacious.

excellent machine but i am annoyed with the problems and apple support, i guess i just got a bad apple, lol

Well, I certainly hope iMac #2 is a better machine. Kudos for sticking with it though, I've known people who have thrown in the towel for less.

Remember, ask any questions you want, we're only happy to help.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Don't worry, I'm sure your replacement will be just fine and in no time you'll be enjoying the full OS X experience. ;)

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Sorry to hear that, but at least it will be resolved soon.

Front Row is great! Am glad I didn't get a Mac Pro instead and use it with a crummy old CRT.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.