Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
1Alright, I have a SIM card already and dont plan on switching plans. I read on I think it was mod-my-iphone and a couple people confirmed they could unlock it or something so you could use a current SIM card. That's correct, right?

2. Is there a strap or something you can buy so you can hang the iPhone from your neck? Not to be flashy, but when working in the hub at my college sometimes i play music, but i plan on using the iPhone to play it.

barryallott

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Use a pocket!

and to unlock: if you have a mac then download pwnage tool if windows use winpwn.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Use a pocket!

and to unlock: if you have a mac then download pwnage tool if windows use winpwn.

Pocket what?

And I do, I have a MB. I've heard about it, I just want to get the main factors down before I buy it cause I want to stick with a phone for a while. (Or at least until LG decides to make an AT&T LG enV)

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Pocket what?

And I do, I have a MB. I've heard about it, I just want to get the main factors down before I buy it cause I want to stick with a phone for a while. (Or at least until LG decides to make an AT&T LG enV)

By pocket he was saying put the phone in your pocket. The headphone wire is +/- 3ft long, if your torso is longer then that, then you're a freak of nature.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Thats not even what I was asking...

You were asking if there was a neck strap so you could carry your phone and listen to your music. By putting it in your pocket you can carry your phone and listen to your music. Problem solved.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
You were asking if there was a neck strap so you could carry your phone and listen to your music. By putting it in your pocket you can carry your phone and listen to your music. Problem solved.
I meant from the speaker since everyone else likes to listen but.... Ok...

And for my first question I just use the Pwnage tool?

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I meant from the speaker since everyone else likes to listen but.... Ok...

And for my first question I just use the Pwnage tool?

The iPhone's internal speakers aren't very loud. Assuming the others in the area will be chatting and normal noises will be going on, no one outside of 15ft from you will be able to hear it probably.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
The iPhone's internal speakers aren't very loud. Assuming the others in the area will be chatting and normal noises will be going on, no one outside of 15ft from you will be able to hear it probably.

Ah. I see. Alright thanks. Sometimes it's silent when we draw and i kick in some Helios for chillaxin', but its mostly noisy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.