1st Gen MacBook on Snow Leopard - What games can I play without hiccups

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Digital Saki, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Digital Saki macrumors newbie

Just completely cleaned my HD before installing Snow. Everything running smoothly thus far. Installed VMware without problems.

Other than an extra gig of ram giving me 3 gigs total-I have no other upgrades.

Can the gamers give me a couple suggestions of what games my system can run without any latency or glitches?

Newer games if possible?

2. dime21 macrumors 6502

Solitaire is a good one. It could also run Chess, if you don't mind waiting a little longer between moves.

3. mastaj macrumors newbie

You could check out the Escape Velocity series from Ambrosia Software. You can get the first two games for free as plugins for the third game, however I don't think you can use any of the plugins designed for the first two games. This is unfortunate, since the plugin availability made the replay value so much higher for the first two games, and added an amazing array of outfits.

The latest game, EV:Nova may lag a bit on the 1st gen, while the other two should run without any issue since the game engine is pretty dated. However, it's really 3 games for the price of one if you chose Nova.

Also you could check out the OpenTTD game - it's a fun way to burn a couple hours and it's free!

4. datamonger128 macrumors regular

datamonger128

1st Gen MacBook? Um.....none? Old Blizzard games perhaps?

5. DoghouseMike macrumors regular

Yea, because no one played games until yesterday, right?

What sorta games do you like? Off the top of my head, Quake 3, Jedi Academy, Fallout 1+2, Aliens vs Predator, and loads more. It's not gonna do anything new/flashy, but there are tons of older games that will run great on it.