1st Gen white Apple TV doesn't show tabs for Movies or TV shows anymore

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Steve247, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Steve247 macrumors member

Steve247

Hello,
    the last few days I've noticed that the last tab on the left is Music, TV Shows and Movies are no longer there. I've reset the box and still no luck. It is jail broken, but I've never had this issue before. I did add an Apple TV 2 to the network a few days ago (it's jail broken too).

I suppose I can diconnect the new Apple TV to see if things return to normal on the Apple TV 1, but that wouldn't be an ideal solution.

Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Steve

2. Steve247 thread starter macrumors member

Steve247

Follow-up, issues persists

Hello,
    I followed my own advice and disconnected the new Apple TV 2, but the TV shows and Movies did not return to the Apple TV 1st generation.

3. roidy, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014

roidy macrumors 6502a

I just dusted off my old ATV1 to tried it and mine still works fine, so apple hasn't shut down store access to the ATV1. I tried setting the iTunes store country to UK, Canada and US and they all show the TV And Movie stores fine, Have you tried changing the country to something else and then changing it back, failing that I'd do a restore and see if that fixes it.

4. Steve247 thread starter macrumors member

Steve247

Mystery solved!

I reeabled the Movies and TV Shows tabs by going going into the Maintenance menu --> Manage Plugins and enabled them both. The Maintenace menu is an option that comes with jail breaking.

Ever since I added the Apple TV 2 either apple remote I have (the white one or the aluminium one) triggers both Apple TVs. I must have inadvertently disabled the Movies and TV show tabs while clicking around on the aTV 2.

I know it seems silly to have two aTVs in the same room, but this is a temporary arrangement pending renovations.

Cheers,
    Steve

5. chrfr macrumors 603

You can pair each with a specific remote so that this won't be a problem in the future.

6. Steve247 thread starter macrumors member

Steve247

Paired the remotes individually. All is good now.

Thanks!