1st Shipment of iPads in Israel - Nothing was left

Discussion in 'iPad' started by peled, Apr 30, 2011.

1. peled macrumors member

peled

Same as in other places. April 29th was opening day for sales of iPAD-2 .
    Next day you couldn't find any, in any store.
    Is it some kind of a deliberate marketing trick, to put out small quantities, to show
    as if there is a great demand for the product.
    They just sold a few thousands (3000 only at the main Apple stores)

2. ChristianVirtual macrumors 601

ChristianVirtual

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

... And the trick works very well ... Nice profit quarter by quarter ...

3. goMac macrumors 603

Heh. It's still very hard to find them in the US, which was the first launch country. I'd feel lucky that you even got 3000 in Israel. :)

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Yeah great trick. Let's not try and sell as many as we possibly can.

We all know that creating false demand leads to profits rather than units sold. :rolleyes:

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

If deliberately not selling anywhere near as many units as you could have sold (with plentiful stock) is a new marketing strategy then it`s a really p**s poor one.

The people who are wanting an iPad 2 don`t just want it because they can`t have it :rolleyes:

6. Final Hour macrumors newbie

I'm still waiting for them to turn up 'round these parts as well. Here's to hoping!

7. Holoshed macrumors regular

Don't you see the beauty of it? Its almost like the car seller who tells you "well, we only have this one left, and I have someone waiting for me to call them back about if we still have it" to get you to jump on it quicker.

Now am I saying Apple is doing this? No... But as a marketing strategy it works well if someone is already thinking of getting something. Even some of those who are not thinking of getting it but always want to be "first" get intrigued by this sort of campaign.

It plays into the human drive to be first, and have what others cant have and also gives you that feeling of "oh, I have to get this now when I can!"