$2,000+ and Apple helps to Trojan my laptop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DVD9, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

I just came across this "Finfisher" trojan in a series of articles. I'm shocked that I found only one post about this on the OS X forum here with no reply.

This is a trojan that entered your computer through the iTunes update. Apple was officially informed of the "vulnerability" in 2008 but waited three years to patch it.

Is OS X really patched against this trojan, or did Apple patch it after they created another hole in OS X, or were informed that another hole was found so it was "OK" for Apple to patch it?

Should I just contact the FBI or British intelligence agencies like MI6 to purchase my next laptop? Do they sell direct to the public over their web sites?

Here's the wiki on "Finfisher".

Where is that "GG" guy who sells everyone on this forum on their Mac being trojan proof?

I'm pissed off. I paid over $2,000 for this laptop I'm making this post on and it might be infected since I've allowed "updates" to it via Apple.

2. Azzin macrumors 68040

3. ezramoore, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

ezramoore macrumors 6502a

Yeah, what the hell.

I mean, you could have spent $2000 and gotten TWO Windows laptops.

With 10 times as much malware each.

Shoot, if had bought Acers you could have 6 machines with 60 times the malware.

I hate when my own failure to correctly operate a piece of equipment I own results in my blaming the company that made it for not being perfect and protecting me against any eventuality.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

With all the faux outrage, you could work for Fox News.

You don't like Apple (and from the tenor of your posts, you never had). We get it.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Does the OP even have an Apple product, in almost 500 posts OP seems to be anti Apple everything because of stuff they've "read" somewhere.

Not saying Troll, but...

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This is extremely old news. That was patched in the 10.5.1 update over a year ago. I don't know why you're resurrecting threads and this topic now. Are you just now aware of this? Did you just wake from an extremely long nap?
    As I said in the other thread you resurrected, no one who is informed has ever claimed any computer is malware-proof.

Read and learn:

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

LOL. The danger of random reading.

Once in a while I read something socking then realizing I should check the publish date and go oh hell. NEXT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.