Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeekxxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
I normally wouldn't bother to post in forums like these but I have to say the iphone is the best product with the worst software I have ever owned.

The best part is apple really doesn't care about you. If you think they care about you past the marketing hype you are wrong. I bought this phone with the idea in mind that the quality would match the Ipods. Well I have to say its a huge turd and we need to band together and force apple to start taking responsibility for there actions. I mean come on this is a PHONE. I might need it to call for help and save a life!. Every time I pull out my phone after the 2.1 patch I find the red bar flashing at me saying I need to charge it. After I cycle the unit on and off it shows me the real battery life left and if I'm lucky I can get to the end of the day without the event happening again.

I really don't know how to phrase this but short of a huge lawsuit against them they need to wake up and realize patches that make my phone unusable are unacceptable. Every time I install a patch on my phone I find some new bug. This 2.1 patch has caused my phone to be untrustworthy.

I'm not a money grubbing person but if I ever grab my fully charged phone off the charger and can not use it in an emergency there is going to be problems.

The only thing I can say positive is that when it works its wonderful.

But simply put they need to stop messing with it when a patch make me not able to use it for its basic function. A phone!

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Lmao, a lawsuit. What would you sue for, emotional distress because you have to charge your phone everynight. I mean ya the battery life sucks but it doesn't mean they don't care. They fixed alotta stuff in 2.1. And most people say they be better battery life after 2.1.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Crashed software on the iPhone tends to drain the battery in the background. Reboot your phone and it should be fine. Did the trick for me anyway -- over the first few hours after I installed 2.1, my battery died 10 times faster than normal. Then I noticed that the Usage stats said I had been using the phone actively for 11 hours straight, when it was actually more than 11 minutes.

Today I made it past the 5 day mark for standby time, and it's still going (see attached picture).

That's with...

3G, Location services, Bluetooth = OFF
WiFi, Fetch (30 min intervals) = ON
Screen backlight about 25%

So, that's 127 hours of standby and 1 hour 35 minutes of talk time, which isn't too shabby. As for the 4:58 of "usage", I can't really agree, that's gotta be some weird phantom stuff going on. I've used it actively for maybe an hour, reading mail, surfing a little and playing some Solitaire.

And please don't drag Bill Gates into this... Apple are perfectly capable of screwing things up on their own, as demonstrated by Leopard, iPhone 3G firmware and other bug factories.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 79

NeoMayhem

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
2.0.x had some problems, but 2.1 seems pretty darn good. I have never had a phone with battery life nearly as good as the iPhone, and mine is almost one year old now. I can get days of standby time and hours of talk time and internet use.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
Well my 2.1 iphone has great battery life. It had great battery life before the 2.1 update. 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 were good and 2.1 is better. 5+ hrs of usage and over 24hrs of standby. Maybe my standards are to low. But im happy with it.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Since the 2.1 update, I am getting amazing battery life on both of my white iPhones.

Last night, I finally had to charge both of them. On one, I had just under 4 hours usage and 5 days standby. The other phone was about an hour less because I used 3G more on that one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.