Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bitslong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
Poof in BossPrefs crashes while enumerating apps.
Does it work for anyone else? (Anyone tried the standalone Poof with different results?)

Thx

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
I just did a full restore to 2.2 with pwnage, and for whatever reason I can't even seem to pull up anything in the big boss repo. No poof, no tzones, no bossprefs. They're not even available? :confused:

megamanbnmaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2008
I just did a full restore to 2.2 with pwnage, and for whatever reason I can't even seem to pull up anything in the big boss repo. No poof, no tzones, no bossprefs. They're not even available? :confused:

Same here. I think it's a server problem, and not a jailbreak problem. (i might be wrong)

Bitslong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
Yeah, I had it installed already (QuickPwn) and Poof comes up in Cydia but I can't install it - seems like server issues as you have mentioned.
(But I still think Poof needs an update before it works with 2.2)

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Perhaps having to do with BossPrefs being replaced by an updated app that utilizes Springboard.

LoMonkey

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2008
BigBoss repo works for me. Just installed BossPrefs and SBSettings to make sure.

When I hacked my friend's 2.2 iPhone for him earlier, he was having the same problem, and I wasn't. A quick reboot fixed it.

EDIT: Also just poofed some apps on my iPhone 3G with 2.2 - Worked fine.

Bitslong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
Thx for the help.
I narrowed it down to a dodgy app that appeared to have no icon.
Removed it and Poof started working again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.